Command Option for Packaged Executable

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
ryanbram

Command Option for Packaged Executable

Post by ryanbram »

Enigma Virtual Box is the best software virtualization that I ever try. And it's a freeware.
I hope there are a new feature in the next release of Enigma Virtual Box, that is Command Option.
Example :
Let's say I want to make a portable Internet browser that automatically run in stealth mode. The only way that I can do is to start the browser with command option like

Code: Select all

browser.exe -stealth
Or if I want to make a self running video file, I need to package the video with the player. I can start playing the video automatically with the command like

Code: Select all

player.exe video.avi
In order to make those task automatically, I need to make a batch file to do that.

That's why I hope Enigma VirtualBox has an option to automatically run the clicked executable file with the specified command line option without the need of external batch file.

Sorry for my english.

Regards,
RyanBram
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Command Option for Packaged Executable

Post by Enigma »

Hi RyanBram,

If you've noticed, this ability was already reserved for EVB but not finished yet. If you call the file properties dialog, you will see the option "Pass Command Line".

There was some problems implementing this feature. I hope soon we will fix all the problems and it finally will be working.
ryanbram

Post by ryanbram »

Thanks for replying my request. :D
I didn't notice this new feature because my latest version of Enigma is 4.0.
After downloading the latest version (4.5), I realize that this feature was implemented for embedded executable files not to the main executable. As the help.chm didn't include this feature, I cannot find out how this feature works.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

ryanbram wrote:As the help.chm didn't include this feature, I cannot find out how this feature works.
Yes, this is not included to the help just because it does not work yet :)

It is implemented in the interface, but does not work at all. We will make it in some of next release.