False Detection Again Now With Eset AV5

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Phenomix

False Detection Again Now With Eset AV5

Post by Phenomix » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:11 pm

I send mail for eset support but don't answer... anyway we know this 100% false detection but basic user think?~!~!
any help? thanx

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: False Detection Again Now With Eset AV5

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:47 pm

ESET advised to contact them using this information: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN141
Did you send the sample using this email?

Also, you may try to sign digitally the packed file. This has to solve the problem.

Phenomix

Post by Phenomix » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:22 pm

thanx enigma actually no - don't like this.
any way for solve all problem? i think so hard for any EVB project we send like Eset support for solve problem.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:43 pm

we are trying to work with them to fix it, but not much progress yet. can't promise a quick solution, instead of emails a sample to them (as they advised me in our latest discussion regarding this problem).

or buy a cheap Comodo digital certificate, as far as I know it costs 99$ only, and sign all your files with it. this should help.

Phenomix

Post by Phenomix » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 pm

thanx Enigma. but important problem is Basic Users.
for example i create package and release to customer and unfortunately my product user's is basics user..
result -> customer -> says ur product have a trojan and virus!! they don't know what is false detection.
well u know i can't say please buy a comodo... !

anyway thanx again i can't insistence for u best try to solve problem bcz this freeware program.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 am

No no, you are mistaking with my offer!

I did not mean you should tell user to buy a Comodo antivirus, I meant you should digitally sign your packed files, and false detection should be gone.

I.e. you buy a digital certificate, any digital certificate (there are a lot of services that provide such ability) then digitally sign your packed files, and then distribute these files to users. If the files are digitally signed, then no false detection should appear.
Instead of Comodo certificate, you may buy a more expensive - VeriSign.