Compress Package

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Unc3nZureD

Compress Package

Post by Unc3nZureD » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Is that possible to compress a package? It's quite annoying that everybody can easily extract my PE files from a package with one of the most popular software, PEiD. The reason why it's possible is the following (in my opinion):

Packaging funcktion simply stores the included file without any changing, so the extractor can VERY easily find the starting and the ending of a PE file. Even a middle-skilled hacker/cracker can simply make an other software which extract any other kind of files from a package no special skills of ollydbg or other tools needed just the knowledge of the way of enigma packages theese files.

I hope my grammar was understandable :)

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Compress Package

Post by Enigma » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:57 pm

The only way you can do that - enable file compression in the Files tab. But this way you will also have to re-pack your main exe file.

Btw, it is a limitation of freeware version that nothing can be hidden there. If you need encryption of the package content then you should use Enigma Protector instead, that supports encryption and so.

Unc3nZureD

Post by Unc3nZureD » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Okay, I can understand that file compression can be turned on, but that affects only the virtualized files, not the packaged ones. I don't want to encrypt the executable (yet).

I think you misunderstood me.
There are two different functions. The Virtualization and the Packaging. If I turn on the compression that affects the virtualization. If I Build Packages that will be totally unprotected even in the Enigma Protector DEMO version.

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:50 am

No, I disagree.

- If you turn on Files Compression in EVB, then only the virtual files will be compressed. The application itself will never be compressed. And after you turn on this option, you may create a package, the files inside it will be also compressed.
- Regarding Enigma Protector - files inside the package are encrypted there, you can't just view them using hex editor. Moreover, package files are digitally signed so any modification of the file will make it non workable.

Unc3nZureD

Post by Unc3nZureD » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm sorry, I knew it wrong. It works perfectly. Thank you!