Which are the best options for maximize compatibility?

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
RickyXL

Which are the best options for maximize compatibility?

Post by RickyXL » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Hello,
I'm packing some files with Enigma Virtual Box. The main file is a previous protected one with your Enigma Protector.
I did some tests and apparently the file without being boxed is working perfectly fine. But if it is boxed sometimes crashes.
There is no way to know when it is going to crash. Sometime crashes twice in 5 minutes period, other times takes 3 hours.

In Options tab I have:
[X] Map executables files using temporary file
[ ] Share virtual system to child processes
[X] Allow running of virtual executables files

I also have 'Compress Files' and 'Delete Extracted on Exit' but I don't think this have much impact.

How can I have my application to work crash-free using both Enigma Protector and Boxer?
I also tried other virtual file boxers but they can't handle the protected application with Enigma Protector.

Thank you

newuser

Re: Which are the best options for maximize compatibility?

Post by newuser » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Try this method instead, include the main exe file into virtual box too.
Example, main exe is A.exe, and include other files like dll, exes into virtual box too.
Then after packing, the final exe normally would be A__boxed.exe.

Copy A__boxed.exe to other folder. Rename A__boxed.exe to A.exe, then run/test it.
This method might solve your problem. :D

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:42 am

I do not recommend to mix any other packer/protectors nor with Enigma Virtual Box nor with Enigma Protector (even nor these two together). In this case, I can't promise stability and workability.

Enigma Protector has a feature Virtual Box, so instead of using Enigma Virtual Box, you can make everything with Enigma Protector only.

newuser

Post by newuser » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Oohs, my fault then, :o I didnt notice RickyXL talking about combining enigma protector with enigma virtual box, since he posted his problem in enigma virtual section, and I was sleepy last night, so didnt read carefully what RickyXL said, thought he might have the same problem as me with enigma virtual box files, so I offer the solution, you enigma give me in email. :D

RickyXL

Post by RickyXL » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:34 am

Enigma wrote:I do not recommend to mix any other packer/protectors nor with Enigma Virtual Box nor with Enigma Protector (even nor these two together). In this case, I can't promise stability and workability.

Enigma Protector has a feature Virtual Box, so instead of using Enigma Virtual Box, you can make everything with Enigma Protector only.
The 'Virtual Box' option in Enigma Protector doesn't work for me so I'm forced to use Virtual Box.
Don't know why that happens... I use the exact same configurations than Enigma Virtual Box

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:47 am

Maybe it depends on a version of Enigma Protector you are using? The latest one is working same as Enigma Virtual Box.

RickyXL

Post by RickyXL » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 am

It was failing importing a dll which was inside a folder
DEFAULTFOLDER/myfolder/mydll

But I moved it to the main folder and now it's working :)
DEFAULTFOLDER/mydll

Wierd... with Virtual Box works perfectly. I was using 3.80 but recently moved to 3.1

Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 am

That's good, thank you for the information!