slow file browser and loading

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
DennisHu

slow file browser and loading

Post by DennisHu »

We got some significant slow to browse some files under one folder and file loading after packing a lot of files in some packages.
I think many packed files will impact the call FindFirstFile and FindNextFile. (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx). I'm not sure it is the limitation of Enigma virtual box.

From our test, without package data, it only takes 3.4 second to browse 407 files in one folder.
But after packing a lot of files into pakcage, it takes 47.349 second to browse 407 files in the same folder

Hopes this can be fixed in next version. thanks.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: slow file browser and loading

Post by Enigma »

I can't promise this will be soon improved. I will place more attention on it, but no time lines yet.
Virtualization, of course, works a bit slower than a system, as a system has a critical privileges but virtualization has at least normal privileges.
Probably even nothing can be done with that.
DennisHu

Re: slow file browser and loading

Post by DennisHu »

I think frequently open/close (407) files will cause slow after packed by Enigma virtual box.
It will get worse after we have built several packages that have packed hundreds files.
Also browsing files under a folder can be very slow.
I guess there is an extra layer added for file open/close that can cause slow, is that correct?
Is any possible to not add extra layer for file open/close if the file is not packed in Packages or packed exe file?

Based on our test, it will take almost 6 mins to browse and load 407 files after packed by Enigma virtual box.
It only takes 30 seconds to browse and load 407 files without packing. I think that is not acceptable.

Hope this issue can be fixed in Enigma virtual box as an excellent application virtualization tool.
Thanks.