Option "neverwritetodisk" is requesting new file creation

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Leonard

Option "neverwritetodisk" is requesting new file creation

Post by Leonard »

Hello guys,

I'm trying to protect my executable and beside this , I'm using virtualbox to protect a certain file from being accessed/seen by the users.I've chosen the "never write to disk" setting for the selected file and the default directory.

After the file is being protected , when I execute it ..instead of opening the file which was added in virtual box , the application is requesting new file creation.
PS: the file in virtualbox is .dat

What shall I do?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Option "neverwritetodisk" is requesting new file creatio

Post by Enigma »

Hi Leonard, I have a feeling that your .dat file is an executable file, correct?

If so, you need to check all settings on Virtual Box - Options panel. These options will guaranty that the embeded executable file will be run. Also, as always, please use the recent version of the packer.
Leonard

Post by Leonard »

Thanks for your response,

The .dat is just a simple file with some text required by the application.
I made a simple program for opening the .dat file then the file was protected with enigma and the .dat file was added to VirtualBox->Files ( Default path + never write to disk ) and I'm still getting errors .. I've tried Default path+ write to disk but I get the same thing..the .dat file is not opened.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

If even Write to Disk does not work, then I'm sure that this problem is not related to EVB.

Just imagine, using Write to Disk option will extract the file to the disk (saying short, Virtual Box virtualization won't work for this file at all), and if your application can't open it, then probably, there is some another problem, related to your application.

Anyway, if you think that I'm not correct, please send us non packed sample of your files at support@enigmaprotector.com, we will try to check them out.