Enigma Virtual Box

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Enigma Virtual Box

Post by Enigma »

Tony wrote:Is there any difference with the commercial enigma virtual box and this freeware versions in security means as preventing it from getting extracted?
Yes, surely, there are. Files in Enigma Virtual Box are located in the final exe as they are, without any encryption etc. Files in Enigma Protector are well encrypted, being decrypted only with the system requires it.
YogiYang

Post by YogiYang »

Just curious to know if Enigma Virtual Box will work on files that are protected using Enigma Protector or any other software protection system that will add protection to compiled EXEs!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

YogiYang wrote:Just curious to know if Enigma Virtual Box will work on files that are protected using Enigma Protector or any other software protection system that will add protection to compiled EXEs!
No, it does not. There is one common reason why it does not support.

Enigma Virtual Box stores files in the overlay data, and when the system requires embeded file, it reads necessary data from the packed file. But if you re-protect file with any kind of software protector, then the data of entire file will be changed, the protected file will not have the embeded files in the same offset as unprotected, and Enigma Virtual Box will just not able to read correct data of the file.

Anyway, you can use Enigma Protector and it's Virtual Box feature, you get same functionality of Enigma Virtual Box + Protection.

PS: later I maybe add support of protection Enigma Virtual Box files for Enigma Protector.
YogiYang

Post by YogiYang »

Enigma wrote:Anyway, you can use Enigma Protector and it's Virtual Box feature, you get same functionality of Enigma Virtual Box + Protection.
You mean to say that Enigma Protector has the functionality of Engima Virtual Box built it?

I generally protect my software using SoftLocx. This product has been stalled for almost half a decade but it just works even today. The original company has just vanished without any trace. This product allows one to protect as well as embed binary files to EXE not non binay files like text files.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

YogiYang wrote:You mean to say that Enigma Protector has the functionality of Engima Virtual Box built it?
Yes, surely, there is a feature Virtual Box in Enigma Protector that works similar to functionality of Enigma Virtual Box, so you may use it.
YogiYang wrote:I generally protect my software using SoftLocx. This product has been stalled for almost half a decade but it just works even today. The original company has just vanished without any trace. This product allows one to protect as well as embed binary files to EXE not non binay files like text files.
Ok, understand. Yes, Enigma Protector and Enigma Virtual Box can embed any kind of files, you may test it.
mlmsoft

Post by mlmsoft »

scorillo7 wrote:
mlmsoft wrote:Yes, but packed exe have also 1 result. That tells me that in future it can be 3,4 or more false positive results. That also tells me that I can not use it. We have customer with 154 PC's on LAN (and many with 100+ PC's).
Once, we make a mistake, but never more!
For ActiveX problem (can not be registered if user is not logged as admin) we have developed a service app which do that on software upgrade.
It is easier to take care of one file instead of 20 or 30, but unfortunately neither Enigma Virtualbox did not solve the problem with antivirus programs.
I do not know a protector which not have problem with AV programs,all are detected on a form or other.
Regarding activex problem this is a pain in a.. for a vb programmer but can be resolved.Question,why so many activex to be registered,they are third-parties or are your work?
Because that, those who write a piece of software which works fine with AV, they will be rich :)
ActiveX are most from thirdparty.
I'm not using VB.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Enigma Virtual Box is updated! Added much better compatibility!
mlmsoft

Post by mlmsoft »

Thanks for the new version, but no progress. Your exe itself is marked as virus (Comodo, Trendmicro, Sophos).
Please think about this warnings, I can not imagine that some serious company use your tool.
What is the purpose of exe which is marked as virus?
Just wonder.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

The exe of this version itself is protected with Enigma Protector that is detectable by these antivituses. This detection does not affect on a detection of the files packed with Enigma Virtual Box. So you may use Enigma Virtual Box as well.

Regarding false detection of Enigma Protector of this version - hm, many big companies are using Enigma Protector, there are no problems. Antiviruses alerts not on all the files, but only on particular. As we were talking in this thread, you may get 0/43 detection on virustotal with protected files, to do this you have to send the false detection file to AV developers and tell to eliminate detection.

So, the problem only why I still did not send Enigma Virtual Box to AV to eliminate false detection? Because I will do this some time later, when release new site for Enigma Protector and place Enigma Virtual Box on the site also.
mlmsoft wrote:(Comodo, Trendmicro, Sophos)
Anybody use it? :)
mlmsoft

Post by mlmsoft »

Anybody use your Enigma Virtual Box in real life?