Delete Virtual Files

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Unc3nZureD

Delete Virtual Files

Post by Unc3nZureD » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:55 pm

Is there any way to delete Virtual Files when they aren't needed anymore? Since hackers can easily inject a DLL which simply copies the virtually boxed files :) Of course, after reading it stores in the memory, but I think it's a bit harder to extract the "required" files from there.

Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Delete Virtual Files

Post by Enigma » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:58 am

Hi Unc3nZureD,

Yes, why you simply do not use Never Write to Disk option for virtualization?

Looks like you are using option Always Write to Disk or Write if Does not Exist? If so, there is an option to delete virtual files from the disk when application exiting. But, some files are being used by the system and program can't delete them. That's why, if you are using such options, files may keep on the disk after exit. Unfortunately, nothing can be made there.

Unc3nZureD

Post by Unc3nZureD » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:37 am

Nononono. You totally misunderstood me :)

As the title says: delete VIRTUAL files.

So. I'm using never write to disk option. It's virtually there, where I want it. BUT what if the program is running, but I don't need the virtual files anymore? Of course the question comes: why do I need it?

Here's the answer:
I've seen some solutions where hackers injected a DLL and since it works AS the main exe, it has the same virtual enviroment -> DLL can easily copy virtual files and paste as normal ones. That's why I want to handle virtual files only at that moment when my app uses, and reads it.

Unc3nZureD

Post by Unc3nZureD » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am

Any answer?

If I was a bit hard to understand, I'll try to explain again :)

I would like to delete the file form the VIRTUAL ENVIROMENT when I don't need it anymore (since my app had already read it, and it's totally useless for further running)

Is it possible any ways? Maybe with a new update? It would be a great and UNIQUE function.

Unc3nZureD

Post by Unc3nZureD » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Any response maybe?