Import .reg Files Into Enigma Virtual Box

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
richard14110

Import .reg Files Into Enigma Virtual Box

Post by richard14110 »

It may require an extensive amount of time to manually create the registry for non-portable applications that depend on the registry setting(s).
Disco Makberto

Re: Import .reg Files Into Enigma Virtual Box

Post by Disco Makberto »

What do you mean, Richard14110? I think that, once you know the paths for the newly-created registry entries, you indicate those on Enigma, and the new Enigma-created application (with registry entries, EXE, and the rest) is on the way. If you mean an automatic method to input the new registry entries on Enigma, no, I don't think there is one. So, yes, the process is a "manual process".

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

To richard14110: this will be soon made.

To Carlos: Richard means the feature to import registry items to EVB from reg file. Regedit may export registry in reg file, and EVB should contain an option to import it. It's useful option, I agree.
Disco Makberto

Post by Disco Makberto »

Hello, Mr. Enigma!

And to know which new registry files are created after installing an application, something like WhatChanged can be used. There is a version of WhatChanged in the portableapps format which could be useful to some users.

Happy holidays to all!

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Carlos,
Disco Makberto wrote:And to know which new registry files are created after installing an application, something like WhatChanged can be used.
There is a tool named RegMon, it monitores the changes program made to the registry. In some cases it can be used to determine these registry keys.

Somedays we will make this feature for EVB.
Disco Makberto

Post by Disco Makberto »

Thank you for the information, Mr. Enigma! RegMon has been discontinued and replaced by Process Monitor. Luckily, RegMon can still be found.

Absolutely, it would be wonderful if you incorporate a similar feature into EVB. I will be waiting patiently for it whenever that takes place! (:

Carlos Albert
Disco Makberto

P.S.: RegMon is also portable!