Quickeys application doesn't work properly

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
pete101

Quickeys application doesn't work properly

Post by pete101 »

Hi,

I use a macro recording application called Quickeys (http://www.startly.com)

Basically, it records keystrokes and mouse clicks/movements, allows a user to then assign a hotkey (or edit the script), before finally playing the recording back.

Unfortunately, the Enigma version doesn't work right. It records just fine, but when I click the "stop recording" button it fails to pull up the script. As a result, I can't then assign a hotkey or play back any recordings.

However, the newly installed Quickeys works just fine. It's only the Enigma version which fails to work.

There are no error messages which makes it even more frustrating.

For the capture process I used Oracle VirtualBox (32 bit) running XP Professional (SP3) and with .NET Framework v3.5 installed. It was also a "clean build" machine.with no other software installed (other than system software, etc).

As indicated above, just to add to my misery the newly installed Quickeys then proceeds to work without a hitch, whilst the Enigma version doesn't. Just to be on the safe side I did also try running the Enigma QK version on other machines, but the result was the same. It records ok then nothing.

I am guessing that perhaps the Enigma version requires some system DLL's or something to be also added, but am unsure. I did add the system32 folder, but it didn't make any difference.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted

Best wishes

Pete
Alec

Re: Quickeys application doesn't work properly

Post by Alec »

What windows version are you using ? Can you try on another one ? Also you can write to their support regarding this issue, including that if they will face the bug on their side and if it is caused by Enigma Virtual Box, they can contact us in order to resolve the problem.
pete101

Re: Quickeys application doesn't work properly

Post by pete101 »

Hi Alec,

Many thanks for your response.

For the original capture process I used Oracle VirtualBox (32 bit) running XP Professional (SP3) and with .NET Framework v3.5 installed. It was also a "clean build" machine with no other software installed (other than system software, etc).

I have also tried the capture process using Windows 7 (instead of XP) on the same environment i.e. Using Oracle VB

After completion of both installations I was able to use the installed QuicKeys without a problem (i.e. not the Enigma Output version)

However, the resultant Enigma Virtual Box versions failed. Just to be sure, I took the failed versions and tried running them on various computers (both 32Bit XP, WIndows 7 and 64Bit Windows 7). As with the test environments, the Enigma versions failed to run on these other computers. Therefore it appears to be the Enigma VB versions which have the problem.

Other test applications were captured on the same test environments and they work fine. This was to confirm that the test environments weren't the sourse of the problem.

I am guessing slightly, but I think think that either:
A: The capture process is missing out some of the QuicKeys application files, hence the output doesn't work.
B: Quickeys requires something else, other than the application files, to be included e.g. System DLL's
C: There is something odd about how QuicKeys works which causes Enigma Virtual Box is throw a slight wobbly.

I am baffled by this, so any thoughts or suggestions which you have are most welcome.

Cheers,

Pete