Always new hardware ID after PC reboot

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
kolyandex

Always new hardware ID after PC reboot

Post by kolyandex »

Hi. One of my customer got this trouble. Hardware ID (motherboard chunk) always changes after reboot.
Laptop model is Asus K50AF. He is already have fresh installed windows, but no luck. Can you please give some advice?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Always new hardware ID after PC reboot

Post by Enigma »

Hi, please let me know what version of Enigma Protector do you use, and also please reply, what compatibility settings are enabled in Miscellanoues - Other panel.
kolyandex

Post by kolyandex »

Latest 6.9
Settings:
ep.png
ep.png (14.45 KiB) Viewed 11349 times
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi, it is possible we send you a debug program that customer may run each time hardware id changes?

Program will show information about motherboard. If something changes, we will see what exactly change.

Could you please do such testing?
kolyandex

Post by kolyandex »

This client didn't bother me anymore. So I think everything is ok now.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Btw, we never had such complains from other client, and oursleves, during the testing, never got motherboard hardware id changed.
ubindia

Post by ubindia »

I am getting for 2nd time this problem. Previously, I didn't keep any track, and ignored, but Today in another Laptop the same cpu-hardisk, motherboard is shown different. previously it was 66EF/6559 /82E2 But presently 66EF/E832/82E2 in the same Computer Hardware (LAPTOP).
Please help
kolyandex

Post by kolyandex »

As i noticed this may happens after BIOS update (Windows can do it thru update center)
gjmptw

Post by gjmptw »

I used Hardware Lock on Hard Disk Serial Number and the hardware ID used to get changed randomly.

Later on I discovered that it was happening due to Pen Drive. Somehow Enigma was picking up hardware ID of a Pendrive if its plugged in.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

gjmptw wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:21 pm I used Hardware Lock on Hard Disk Serial Number and the hardware ID used to get changed randomly.

Later on I discovered that it was happening due to Pen Drive. Somehow Enigma was picking up hardware ID of a Pendrive if its plugged in.
Please let me know if this issue still in place and it does not belong to your previous thread and administrator privileges.
We may create a test program that will show us what exactly changes there and why.