Problem protecting external files

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
nubcake

Problem protecting external files

Post by nubcake »

As it is my first post in this forum,i would like to thank developers for creating such a useful and powerful tool that i really enjoy to use and that helps me a lot in little protection of my multi player online game client.

Unfortunately i came across my first problem with this software.If i add files with .bmd extension to "CHECK-UP-->External Files" it says they are always corrupted.I have tried to check those files with checksum or date,but it still always display default error message when game client is executed,that those files were modified,even though they weren't....

but .dll file extensions works perfect

first i thought maybe it is not possible with .bmd files,but than i remembered that i had no problems protecting these multiple .bmd files with another less advanced encryptors known as MoleBox or Themidia,what i find really strange
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Problem protecting external files

Post by Enigma »

Hi nubcake,

I think the problem happen just because protection can't find the file while execution. If the file is not found, then it does not matter what check options you've selected for it, protection will always show a failing message.

Why protection can't find a file? I believe you have the most common mistake that user have with External Files checkup.
It is a mistake with the relative folder.
Imagine if your protected program is located in the folder "C:\Program Files\MyGame\Client.exe", but the file you try to check is located in the folder "C:\Program Files\MyGame\bin\data\Levels.bmd". After you add this file to the External Files checkup, you will have to set a relative folder for it too, in my example, the relative folder should be "bin\data".
If the protected file and the file to check are located in the same folder, then relative path should be empty.
nubcake

Post by nubcake »

Thanks you were right,that was my mistake and your advice solved it.But i have few more questions,i hope you or someone could
lead me to the right direction.

I got another idea how to protect some files in my game client and i would like to ask if something like this would be possible using enigma.

I would like to pack .dll files from %DEFAULT FOLDER% and if it is possible few small folders from %DEFAULT FOLDER - Relative Path" with mixed type of files into game.exe,so they would appear only when game.exe is executed

Also before i bought enigma i think somewhere in official enigma website i saw this software features and there was mentioned one licensing function that made my decision final to buy this protector.I would like to make it so,that whenever my game client would be executed for the first time,it automatically would register PC hardware id and would send CD-KEY to e-mail address that user have submitted.
This way,i could easily get rid of the cheaters for good.I would just look up e-mail address their game accounts were made and then find their HW-id with CD-key in my list and would ban them.Or if it is not possible,is there any other way i could do something similar to my idea?It is just that,it would be difficult ,annoying and very time consuming for me and for players to manually make licenses when there are 50+ daily new gamers.

edit: ok,i have found a way how to make appear .dll files when game.exe is being executed,however i am encountering some kind of glitch i guess.i have attached 10 .dll files to my game.exe and whenever i launch it,.dll files appear and everything is fine,but when i exit game.exe only 3 of them dissapear and other 7 stay visible in the folder,even though i have selected in virtual box "delete extracted files"
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

nubcake wrote:I would like to pack .dll files from %DEFAULT FOLDER% and if it is possible few small folders from %DEFAULT FOLDER - Relative Path" with mixed type of files into game.exe,so they would appear only when game.exe is executed
Yes, it is possible. This feature names Virtual Box. You have to add files you would like to hide to the Virtual Box - Files tree. Note, for each file, you have to set the property Action = "Never Write to Disk", this option is set for all newly added files automatically. If you use "Never Write to Disk", this feature "Delete Extracted From Disk" is useless (because nothing is being extracted).
nubcake wrote:Also before i bought enigma i think somewhere in official enigma website i saw this software features and there was mentioned one licensing function that made my decision final to buy this protector.I would like to make it so,that whenever my game client would be executed for the first time,it automatically would register PC hardware id and would send CD-KEY to e-mail address that user have submitted.This way,i could easily get rid of the cheaters for good.I would just look up e-mail address their game accounts were made and then find their HW-id with CD-key in my list and would ban them.Or if it is not possible,is there any other way i could do something similar to my idea?It is just that,it would be difficult ,annoying and very time consuming for me and for players to manually make licenses when there are 50+ daily new gamers.
Yes, this is possible. By a numerous requests I will share sources of this system to public, within few days.
Contact us at support@enigmaprotector.com to get it.