Windows x64 support?

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
rconn

Windows x64 support?

Post by rconn »

Any plans for 64-bit support? (I only need dll protection.)

I've got a couple of 64-bit apps coming out this fall, and would like to stick with Enigma Protector if possible.

Thanks!

Rex
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Windows x64 support?

Post by Enigma »

Hi Rex,

x64 version is a really big deal. I develop it in background and only when have a free time, but can't promise you any even pre-release date. The one I can tell, first x64 version will have restricted functionality and protection. Do not wait it quicker than a year.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

First Enigma x64 is ready... as I promised it has restricted fucntionality. It is in testing yet, so the only beta version.
Download link:
http://enigmaprotector.com/assets/files/Enigma64.zip
writer

Post by writer »

Hi,

Downloaded the Beta Win x 64 Enigma to test on my Windows 7 x 64 computer. When I try to open an enigma file or when I try to save the new project, as soon as the Windows "open file" or "save as" file dialog box is called and starts to display, Enigma crashes and closes.

Running as administrator, changing or turning off the UAC settings does not seem to help. Same problems when I tried running Enigma x32 on Windows 7 64. Never had these problems running Enigma x32 on the same machine running Vista x64 before I upgraded to Windows 7 x64. (64 bit Vista and Windows 7 run 32 bit programs by installing them automatically to the x86 program directory, same as if the OS were x32 and not x64).

So, something changed in using Windows file open and save as dialogs between Vista and Win 7, or maybe the file permissions or security was changed in Win7x64. Maybe a change in Windows Explorer? For example, in Windows 7, the names and locations for Documents and My Documents has been changed from Vista. Not sure?

I am also not sure that a 64 bit version for Enigma is needed, since for the near future (maybe for the next few years, maybe for a longer time), I think Microsoft will continue to support 32 bit programs to run on 64 bit machines. So, maybe, the best answer will be to get the 32 bit Enigma to work on Win7x64 just like it worked perfectly on Vistax64. Just my humble opinion. :)

Will be happy to continue to test any Beta version to hopefully solve the Win7x64 problems.

HTH

Kind Regards,

writer
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi writer,

Problem is found and solved! Enigma x64 does not work because the GUI if this version is x86 (32b) and there was a error with Virtual Box.

Soon we update Enigma, both versions!
writer

Post by writer »

Hi,

Wonderful news! :)

I look forward to the Enigma update.

Thanks!

Kind Regards,

writer
writer

Post by writer »

Hi Vladimir,

There is still a problem with crashes. I have sent an email to Support with Opus files to illustrate the problem. Hopefully the sample files will help you to isolate the problem and fix it.

Hope you received the email and attached file folder with samples.

If you did not receive it, please let me know and I will re-send it. :)

Kind Regards,

writer
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Received Stephen, already trying to solve! Hope that new version will be completed today! I will let you know!