re-enabling of expired keys is possible ?!

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
Eliza

re-enabling of expired keys is possible ?!

Post by Eliza »

hello:

i think that manipulating the system clocks/re-enabling of expired keys is possible, even if i make make Expired Keys as Stolen.

let me give you a short example: i set the Expiration Date to 31 January (also Terminate on clock reversing under the Time Control) on the 1 of february the license has been expired.
than i turn back the clock to the january 31, still expired OK. but, if i set the clock to the january the 30, the key works (BUT only at this day). at the 29 etc it will not work.

i have tested this several times. if you set the clock ONLY one day before the key should be expired, than you will be able to use the software at this day only.

beside of that, i think enigma is very good.

regards, eliza
just for your information, i used before execryptor.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: re-enabling of expired keys is possible ?!

Post by Enigma »

Hi Eliza, thanks you very much the information, I will check it out carefully.

But regarding this feature "make Expired Keys as Stolen" seems you are mistaking. Let me explain how this is working.
- firstly, for this feature you have to store your registrtaion keys/licensing in License Manager;
- imagine that you have created a version #1, and successfully use it, generate registration keys with Expiration date
- you've enabled the option "make Expired Keys as Stolen"
- after some time you have created version #2, so, the Enigma will think that all keys that have expiration date before the data of protection of #2 are stolen. If the registration key has the expiration date after the date of #2 protection then this key will be know as Expired, not as Stolen.

Regards
Vladimir
Eliza

Post by Eliza »

hello vladimir:

by manipulating the system clock back it is still re-enabling the expired keys.
what can be done??

in the manual, you explain that "make Expired Keys as Stolen" is a good idea against manipulating the system clock back.

i will try it without "make Expired Keys as Stolen". let's me test it again.

eliza
Eliza

Post by Eliza »

ok, i have tested as you said.

nevermind what i'm doing, i am able to get the software running if i turn the clock one day back.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Eliza,

Looks like there is an issue with Clock Reversing... Last few days we were remaking trial feature, added possibility for user to enter paths for trial info string, some other features had been added, so I think that new version will be completed today/tomorrow and I will send you in PM a link!

Regards
Vladimir
Eliza

Post by Eliza »

hello vladimir:

is it means, that all enigma versions has this bug?

if yes, what is with all those who are still using the protected software with older versions? are they will be also able to turn the clock one day back and still be able run the expired license?

anything that can be done for that?

Thanks Eliza
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Eliza, I could agree and disagree with you, the bug is not always occurs, many customers will not even notice this.
But I agree that it is a vulnerability, but only with some options enabled.
Regards
Vladimir
scorillo7

Post by scorillo7 »

For Eliza:
I have a question for you.

Do you delete the key on the expiration date or you rely on enigma engine to do all the work for you?
Eliza

Post by Eliza »

hello vladimir. so what options should be NOT enabled?

i have used only "Storing of data in windows registry", but it seems that enigma don't delete the license key from the registry after it has been expired.

Eliza
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Eliza, Enigma should not delete the key from the registry once it expired. scorillo7 looks told that you can manually delete it when it expires.
What option is best to use? The Best is to wait a new version, there is re-made trial engine core, many internal improvements and stability.
New version will be shared in control panel soon, within 2-3 days.

Regards
Vladimir