EP's VirtualBox and Windows StartUp.

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
SeniorEx

EP's VirtualBox and Windows StartUp.

Post by SeniorEx »

Hi,

I came across a problem with The Enigma Protector today 4.20, my soft has one exe file binded with the main soft, i used the option "Virtual Box" of the protector, all normal when run by double click , but the problem lies when i wanted to make my soft start each time at the Windows startup , using the registry keys
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
the main soft runs ok , but the binded 2nd exe file (virtualised) is not found by the main soft (even i tried to write to disk function if not found) and shared all the recourses and i enabled all the functions., but when i start it manually by Double c , it runs fine, but not automatically at the system startup.

can you guide me with anything that maybe i'm missing here ?

Thanks.
perfectcode

Re: EP's VirtualBox and Windows StartUp.

Post by perfectcode »

Last edited by perfectcode on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeniorEx

Re: EP's VirtualBox and Windows StartUp.

Post by SeniorEx »

perfectcode wrote:It sounds like your having troubles with the current working directory being invalid, since you are starting it via autorun. Try making your program open the secondary exe with the full path to the file.

You probably have it do this.

open(secondaryfile.exe);

instead do this:

open(c:/full/path/to/file/secondaryfile.exe);

or you can set the current working directory with your application if you wanted to do it that way.
thank you , but it didn't solve my problem

the problem is in the VirtualBox system of the Protector ( some bug in the CreateProcess API when its run by a Virtual file ) i hope the Team will fix it soon