Can't protect Xojo applications

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
domador

Can't protect Xojo applications

Post by domador »

Has anyone been able to use Enigma Protector to protect Xojo applications? I've long been able to protect Real Basic / Real Studio applications, but am now having trouble when trying to protect Xojo apps. (Xojo is the successor to Real Studio.) I am able to run Enigma Protector on a compiled Xojo app, but when I run such an app, and it calls an EP function, an error message such as the following appears:

----

Runtime Error
Press OK to Continue
Press Cancel to Quit.

Please report what caused this error
along with the information below.

Common\Loaders\Loader.cpp: 171
Failure Condition: 0
Failed to load library enigma_ide.dll
The specified module could not be found.

----

If I copy enigma_ide.dll to the same folder as the Xojo app, I don't get this error message. However, if I do this, the EP functions don't work properly (since the funtions in the DLL are just placeholders which return null values).

There seems to be some kind of problem in linking/protecting Xojo applications. Does anyone know of any solutions or workarounds? Thank you.
domador

Re: Can't protect Xojo applications

Post by domador »

By the way, here's an example of how I call an EP function from my code:

Dim lLongResult as Int16
Declare Function EP_EnigmaVersion Lib "enigma_ide.dll" () As Int16
lLongResult = EP_EnigmaVersion()
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi, to solve the problem, in Enigma Protector go to Miscellaneous - Other and make sure the option "Hook entire process to check for Enigma API calls" is enabled.

Please note, Enigma API starts to work only after protection.

If this won't help, please send us non protected sample at support@enigmaprotector.com, we will check it out.
Fred123

Post by Fred123 »

Hi,
have you found a soultion yet?
domador

Post by domador »

Thank you for recommending that solution (to enable the "Hook entire process to check for Enigma API calls" feature). Once I enabled it, Enigma Protector started working with my Xojo application.

Part of the issue may also have to do with the fact that I was using an old version of EP (version 1.96, build 20100420). That feature is not present in that version, but it is (and it works) with the latest version (4.40, build 20150619). It's time to upgrade!

For anyone else reading this, I'm using the 32-bit version of Enigma Protector, FYI.
tcconway

Post by tcconway »

Would it be possible for you to share some starter Xojo code?
Thanks!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

RealBasic syntax is very similar to the syntax of VisualBasic, you may just take the definition file from the folder "EnigmaSDK\VB\" and use it in your Xojo project.