I'm trying to create a "portable" app with this software, and am very confused

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
abcde

I'm trying to create a "portable" app with this software, and am very confused

Post by abcde »

Hi! I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me. I am relatively computer literate, but am finding myself way over my head with Enigma Protector. I tried protecting a program, but ended up with a "protected" notepad file that read "Application is protected with The Enigma Protector 6.10"...with no application?

What I'm trying to do: turn a program I recently installed into a "portable" app so that I can run it off a flash drive on other computers without having to install the program each time.

Would someone on here be kind enough to provide me with step-by-step instructions for how to do this? (Like, extremely dumbed-down instructions: pretend I'm your grandma.)

If it makes a difference, the program I'm working on is the most recent Windows beta of this program: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/foru ... hp?t=40621

Thank you in advance!

(Also, I am using the Enigma Protector demo--is this a problem?)
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: I'm trying to create a "portable" app with this software, and am very confused

Post by Enigma »

Hi, Enigma Protector is suitable for creating portable applications, but not for "grandparents" really :)

But let me explain the basic instructions.

Each application can be run when you click on .exe file of this application. Let's assume this .exe file is the main file of application, this file you should select on Input panel of Enigma as a file to protect.
Apart of the main .exe file, application may contain from a lot of other files that you would like to merge with the main .exe to make the application portable. So you need to find all the files of the application and add them to Enigma - Virtual Box - Files.

To find the files of application you need to go to the folder, where this application is installed. Let's say it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\MyApplication\", then in Enigma on Input panel select main .exe as a file to protect and then switch to Virtual Box - Files, enable this option and drag and drop all other files from "C:\Program Files (x86)\MyApplication\" to Enigma. It will ask you to select a folder where to put the files, select %DEFAULT FOLDER%.

Then protect an application and try to run protected. Check if it will work or no.