Particular Hardwareid and source code

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
droopy

Particular Hardwareid and source code

Post by droopy »

Hi,

I have 2 questions related to software security.

1) I would like to use the "Encrypt with HardwareID" option. In order to use it, i need to first send a customer a software or something in advance so as to know his hardware. Do enigma generate this automatically? i need to use SAME project variables or could i create another separete project with a just a form?

2) I read on forum that it is better to call enigma from inside code. I usually code in VB6. Someone could share code source of that validation check to include inside my vb6 project?

Regards, droopy
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Particular Hardwareid and source code

Post by Enigma »

Hi Droopy,
droopy wrote:1) I would like to use the "Encrypt with HardwareID" option. In order to use it, i need to first send a customer a software or something in advance so as to know his hardware. Do enigma generate this automatically? i need to use SAME project variables or could i create another separete project with a just a form?
Yes, the logic is correct. For example, I would do this as following:
1. Copy your .enigma project with any another name. We will use this copy for protection of our small program that will return Hardware ID
2. Take any small exe file, just any. And select this small exe as input file in our project file.
3. For this project, enable Registration Features - Registration Dialog. Edit the dialog, and delete from the form everything except Hardware ID field and Close button. Then protect this exe.

How this works? Since our test program and main program are protected with same project file, they will show us same hardware id. Small protected application we can carry to the user and user will reply us back with hardware id. Then you will use it for protection of main program.

Previous idea does not require any coding. But if you would like, you can write simple VB application, that will call only one function EP_RegHardwareID and show it on the form. After you protect such exe, it will show you correct Hardware ID. There you can also automatically send this hardware id to you by email for eg.
droopy wrote:2) I read on forum that it is better to call enigma from inside code. I usually code in VB6. Someone could share code source of that validation check to include inside my vb6 project?
There are already examples in Enigma Protector\Examples\ folder.

Take a look there:
c:\Program Files\The Enigma Protector\Examples\HardwareID\VB\
c:\Program Files\The Enigma Protector\Examples\Registration\VB\
scorillo7

Post by scorillo7 »

Hi Droppy,
i have same idea as Enigma said,but if youre customers have internet connection you can pass to a php script that HWID and you customer do not have to send the hwid.
Put a email address when program start to be fillled by customer in trial version then pass variable to php on you're website.When this want to buy the program you only send the HWID protected program to customer,because you know the hwid.
A small control panel in php is not a big work.This method is working for me.

UPDATE:
Don't forget to protect the script for mysql injection
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi scorillo7, yes, this is really good solution!

I also want to append your idea!

On the registration form of standard registration dialog you can put a LINK control, the url of which would be:

Code: Select all

http://yoursite.com/mypage.php?hid=%HardwareId%
Once user clicks on this link, the url http://yoursite.com/mypage.php will be opened in the browser, and user's hardware id will be passed in the hid variable.

Then, in the php script you can extract hid variable from GET array.
droopy

Post by droopy »

Thanks Enigma & Scorrillo7 for the ideas and comments.

I use Enigma Registration examples in VB6. I will need to append enigma_ide.dll with my software.
This could identify that my software is protected by Engima. Any ideas to prevent this?

Also, i am thinking of creating many Registration validation code inside my project, in 2 or 3 parts, to prevent a cracker from patching.

I also add the extended files protection to the .DLL in order to guarantee checksum and version.
scorillo7

Post by scorillo7 »

use at much as possible api from Enigma core.markers ,virtualization,etc
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

scorillo7 wrote:use at much as possible api from Enigma core.markers ,virtualization,etc
Yes, fully agree. Use VM Markers and RegCrypt markers. Moreover, Enigma supports markers in VB application.
droopy wrote:I use Enigma Registration examples in VB6. I will need to append enigma_ide.dll with my software.This could identify that my software is protected by Engima. Any ideas to prevent this?
No, you do not need it. After protection enigma_ide.dll is not needed. It is needed only for debugging purpose, only to allow execution of non protected file. After protection just remove it.