Can I buy an Enigma-Protected license for a Virtual Machine (instead of a real hardware PC)?

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
user4223

Can I buy an Enigma-Protected license for a Virtual Machine (instead of a real hardware PC)?

Post by user4223 »

Enigma allows vendors to license each copy of their software for each computer motherboard. I want to know whether I can purchase a license for a virtual machine, instead of a fixed hardware PC? If it is possible, I can purchase a copy for a virtual machine, and then use it on any PC I want to.
I mean Enigma reads the computer motherboard's properties and generates a unique hardware ID (to be used later for generating the Enigma password). Can this be done with a virtual machine? I mean if I try to generate a hardware ID on a virtual machine, does Enigma read the properties of the virtual motherboard and generate a hardware ID for that VIRTUAL computer (machine)? Or does Enigma still read the properties of the real (hardware) motherboard, regardless of the virtual machine it is being tried in?
(My question has nothing to do with the Enigma virtual box coming with the Enigma Protector).
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Can I buy an Enigma-Protected license for a Virtual Machine (instead of a real hardware PC)?

Post by Enigma »

Hi, yes, you can do that, but please note, copying the virtual machine and carry it to another vendor will violate the license agreements.

Each protected file contains a signature of your license (no any personal information, just unique client identification), if we find that the license was used improperly, i.e. few different vendors/people are using one license for protection of own files, this license will be blocked. Moreover, major antivirus companies will be notified about license revocation and they will detect a virus in each file protected with this license.

Not sure if this somehow belong to your situation, just for information.
user4223

Re: Can I buy an Enigma-Protected license for a Virtual Machine (instead of a real hardware PC)?

Post by user4223 »

Thanks a lot. If it is not legal to buy the license for the virtual machine, well then I will buy the license for the hardware.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

It is still legal, just make sure that you do not misuse it to avoid license violation.

You are welcome!