Execute virtualized executable

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
johndoe

Execute virtualized executable

Post by johndoe »

Hi enigma,

I've virtualized a executable file in C:\Test folder, when I execute my enigma-protected app, it automatically extract the file to my determinated folder.
But I want to execute the virtualized executable after the extraction... is possible?

And, is possible execute the virtualized executable don't writing to disk?

Thanks.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Execute virtualized executable

Post by Enigma »

Hi johndoe,

Yes, it is possible but only with the Enigma Protector 3.60.

Firstly, for this virtual exe you should set the property Action to "Never write to disk".
And secondly, in the Virtual Box - Options panel, enable the feature "Allow execution of virtual files" + "Map file using temporary file".

Hope this helps!
sanyock

Post by sanyock »

Enigma wrote: should set the property
Action to "Never write to disk".
"Map file using temporary file".
Does "Map file using temporary file" mean this file will be written to disk anyway in tmp folder and executed from there?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

sanyock wrote:Does "Map file using temporary file" mean this file will be written to disk anyway in tmp folder and executed from there?
No, there is another meaning of this feature. While execution, small temporary file (1.5 Kb size) will be written to the disk, it does not contain any information from the virtual file, but it helps to execute it. Temporary file will be deleted once it becomes useless.