EXE's in Virtual Box cause Windows 7 security warning

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
writer

EXE's in Virtual Box cause Windows 7 security warning

Post by writer »

Hi,

I am trying to develop a project with 4 executables (.exe). I put 3 .exe's in the Enigma Virtual Box and use the main .exe file as the primary file.

I use the default folder option in the Enigma Virtual Box. In my button objects in the main .exe (all .exe's are created using Opus), I use <SYSTEM_PUBLICATION_DIR> as part of a launch file action. In Opus, this means that an .exe file will be launched if it is in the system publication directory, which is the same as the Enigma default folder in the Virtual Box.

It does not work. (1) I get a Windows 7 security warning message (see attached screenshot); (2) when I click "run" in the warning dialog, it does not seem to locate the exe file, and it does not run.

I'm not sure how to (1) eliminate the security warning dialog or (2) how to set the correct path in Enigma's Virtual Box so that the exe files run OK.

The attached jpeg screenshot shows the security warning.

No way to get rid of this security message: exe file properties does not have any setting to change this (like "unblock").

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

writer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Majid

Re: EXE's in Virtual Box cause Windows 7 security warning

Post by Majid »

Hi My Friend Writer

I think this version of VirtualBox Can not combine several Exe files with eachother . :geek:
So Just Wait for a version that can do it .
Also See My suggestion about this Ability :
Link : http://www.enigmaprotector.com/forum/vi ... f=20&t=556

Check My First suggestion !
writer

Post by writer »

Hi Majid,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

writer
Sebastiano

Post by Sebastiano »

@writer
Ofcourse exes are dropping to the hard drive cuz implementation of exe memory loading is complicated. If you want to disable this firewall popup you need to sign your executables with cert that has trusted root (for ex. verisign).
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

writer - as I wrote you in email, you can't run virtualized exe files. This feature works only with dll files, but you may only use virtualized exe files as data files, without executions.

Anyway, if you want to run Virtual Box'ed files, you have to put in the file properties the Action "Always Write to Disk" or "Write if does not exists", but this way the exe file will be extracted to disk.

Regarding the popup, Sebastiano is right there.. But I'm not 100% sure. Because even if the file is signed, you may get this popup, but it will say not a "Unknown Publisher" but "Your company bla bla bla".
Majid

Post by Majid »

Hi My Friend Enigma

As I Told you before , you should add the ability of embedding several executables into one , Like MoleBox VS .
I think it is more important than virtual registry . Because The main goal of virtualBox is embedding files with eachother without extraction . Then When It can embedd everything you should add virtual registry .

Thank You For your great Free VirtualBox !!!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Majid, there is an issue with adding support of running of exe files.

It is possible to make ability to run virtualized executable files. But usually viruses are using same techniques. I worry if it will be implemented, many antiviruses will block programs that packed with Enigma Virtual Box.

This is the main reason I postponed this feature after registry virtualization.
Majid

Post by Majid »

Hi Enigma , My Friend

Thank you for your reply .
Then The reason That MoleBox VS is providing "Unique packaging template for every registered user." is that Their App can embedd several exe with eachother .
Because Before Adding this ability they weren't providing "Unique packaging template for every registered user."
Maybe you should do sth like this !?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Enigma Virtual Box application is freeware, how can we make unique template for registered users?
Majid

Post by Majid »

Hi Enigma

You can add a this unique template to your registered users' control panel . (I mean who is registered in your forum .)
Then He Installs Virtual Box & He uses his unique template that you put in his control pnael .
So Now What's your opinion ?