REALbasic: bundling dependent DLL's

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
writer

REALbasic: bundling dependent DLL's

Post by writer »

Hi,

EnigmaProtector build 1.53 can now be used to bundle the dependent dll's (like AppearancePAK.dll) that REALbasic adds as a library folder when exporting a Windows .exe. It will create a single Windows executable, making deployment easier. EnigmaProtector is also able to add a wide-range of other features like trial versions, serial numbers, expiration dates and many ways to protect intellectual property.

To accomplish this:
(1) set up your protected REALbasic executable file as you ordinarily do, using build 1.53.
(2) open Protection Features>Files attachment and check "Use protected files attachment."
(3) add the .dll from the library folder containing the dependencies accompanying the REALbasic-exported .exe.
(4) select "Never Write to Disk" and under "Relative Path" enter the folder name with no quotes.
(5) compile and the new Enigma-protected .exe will bundle the .dll and not require the folder or its .dll to be separately included when distributed.

For REALbasic users, this is a great feature!!! :)

Thanks, Vladimir.

Kind Regards,

writer
Last edited by writer on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: REALbasic: bundling dependent DLL's

Post by Enigma »

Just a few notes:
1. Do not check "Allow loading from any folder." - this is not necessary
2. Relative path should be just "My_Application_Libs" instead of "\My_Application_Libs" i.e. without path delimiter (and without quotes of course).
writer

Re: REALbasic: bundling dependent DLL's

Post by writer »

Hi,

Thanks for the additional help. :)

It works great!

Kind Regards,

writer