External packages

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
tobis

External packages

Post by tobis »

I'm just testing the feature of external packages in enigma protector to create packages for my third party components which seems to work fine.
Now I want to try to put the .net framework into such a package to provide this for my clients which do not have the newer .net frameworks installed. In special I want to package the .net runtime 4 (client profile) but I have no idea how to detect the files, regsitry settings and other things which have to be put into such a package ...

Do you think virtualizing the .net framework would work at all with enigma protector and what is the best way to get the informations about required files, settings and so on ?

I think it also would be a benefit for enigma protector to provide such runtime packages ( .net, vb6 runtime, flash, ... ) for the customers ...

Thank you !
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: External packages

Post by Enigma »

Hi tobis,

First of all, thanks you for the pointing to the problem with External Packaging feature, it really has some problem in some cases (we were able to reproduce the Internal Protection Error which you described).

Regarding your question. It is possible to merge Framework 2.0, we did it and succeeded. It should contain not only files, but also some registry values. Framework 2.0 is more easy than 4.0, thus we never tried to merge version 4.0.
I know that it is possible to do, and this way will definitely work, but same as for you, we just never tried to find all files and registry that are necessary for 4.0. You may do that yourself.

Idea of merging of Framework is interesting, we already planned to do that, but stopped working at this direction due to more important issues.
tobis

Post by tobis »

Is it possible to provide me the external package for .net 2.0 ?
And how did you detect files and registry settings for that, so I will do some tests with .net 4 ...
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Unfortunately, this project had been made for testing only and had not need saved...

I may recommend you to use FileMon and RegMon to understand what files and registry items the application uses, the ones that you should include in Virtual Box.
tobis

Post by tobis »

Ok. I will try this. Thank you !
But how can I edit a previously created and saved external package? I'm able to save it but I don't know how to reload, edit and save it again ???
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

It's impossible to reload and change the package. You may save the package settings to external file and then re-load it and re-make the package.

Just curious, what is the purpose of this?