Downloading and adding to Virtual Box

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
alex-s

Downloading and adding to Virtual Box

Post by alex-s »

Hey,
just a short question:
is it possible to download a file and adding it to the virtual box to keep things updated?
Like adding files to virtual box in runtime?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Downloading and adding to Virtual Box

Post by Enigma »

Hi Alex,

As an alternative, you can make a package file with virtual content through Virtual Box - Packaging feature, download this package file, out it somewhere and restart application to take effect. This way you may always update the virtual files, add new files and change existing.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Enigma wrote:Hi Alex,

As an alternative, you can make a package file with virtual content through Virtual Box - Packaging feature, download this package file, out it somewhere and restart application to take effect. This way you may always update the virtual files, add new files and change existing.
You mean made permanent changes in the virtual files, or just put the amended files outside just like enigma virtual box? :?:
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I mean make a permanent changes through packaging feature. Virtual Files in the package may replace Virtual Files embedded into exe file itself. Take a look at the packaging feature of Virtual Box.
alex-s

Post by alex-s »

So okay i got that but may you can make an explaination for those paths since %APPLICATION DATA% isnt either appdata or roaming etc.
So far i would prefer a full path list of all those things.
I cant use System32 etc. since they need Admin rights and you know sometimes users forget to start my app as an admin and it doesnt work^^.

Also a way to resynchronize the Structure of the Virtual Box would be nice in runtime may you can add that to the API.