File System registration of protected app 2

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
mqsymth

File System registration of protected app 2

Post by mqsymth »

I would like to put the key.dat file to my protected EXE in the C:\ directory. My EXE has it's own directory which is
c:\Program Files\myEXE\myEXEProtected.exe. It's easier for the customer to drop the key.dat file into the C:\ directory rather than look for his document directory. This way many of my exe files that are protected by same .enigma file do not need to have the key.dat placed into there %DEFAULT FOLDER%.

I don't see an option for placing the Key.dat file in the directory of choice?
Ilya

Re: File System registration of protected app 2

Post by Ilya »

You can add Absolute Drive C And create new folder.

But i am think, that the storage of the keys in this place is not the best solution.
You can store keys an appdata directory.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

ilya01 wrote:You can add Absolute Drive C And create new folder.

But i am think, that the storage of the keys in this place is not the best solution.
You can store keys an appdata directory.
Hi Ilya, unfortunately, customer asks for another feature, ability to put license file to a C: drive (this is not a Virtual Box feature).
mqsymth wrote:I would like to put the key.dat file to my protected EXE in the C:\ directory. My EXE has it's own directory which is
c:\Program Files\myEXE\myEXEProtected.exe. It's easier for the customer to drop the key.dat file into the C:\ directory rather than look for his document directory. This way many of my exe files that are protected by same .enigma file do not need to have the key.dat placed into there %DEFAULT FOLDER%.

I don't see an option for placing the Key.dat file in the directory of choice?
I'm also not sure that such option is a good idea. That's correct that the license file can't be placed to the absolute location.
As a possible solution, you can develop own plugin that will handle Enigma_Plugin_OnLoadKey and Enigma_Plugin_OnSaveKey functions and save/load keys manually from any location you would like.

Btw, why do your customers are copying keys to somewhere?

Is not it better to create some exe program and protect it with the same project file as your dll that will provide an interface for user to insert the name and key and that will store keys automatically, in the place that you chose in Registration Features - Registration Data Storing?
mqsymth

Post by mqsymth »

Yes keys in the registry is an option.

I have 3 EXEs that use the exact same key because they are similar and when the customer buys the second and or the third one, I wish to not have him enter another key again. I'm not worried about theft because I control the downloads of my products and my customer base is small and specialized.

It's easier for the customer to unzip the key.dat file to the c:\ directory rather than the C:\Users\Username\Documents\ directory, or rather than to copy and paste the name and key into a form app. whence my question