Disabling registration entirely?

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
elore

Re: Disabling registration entirely?

Post by elore »

And another issue that I don't want hacker to know which protector I'm using. If they don't know it will be a bit difficult to crack. :)

But having that keys in registry - it will be very easy to see which protector was used.
scorillo7

Post by scorillo7 »

elore wrote:And another issue that I don't want hacker to know which protector I'm using. If they don't know it will be a bit difficult to crack. :)

But having that keys in registry - it will be very easy to see which protector was used.
Under Protection Features ->File Analyzer Deception and select from the list Hide protection code with,but a good exe scanner will detect Enigma.
So will NEVER win a fight with a good Cracker Group, never.
elore wrote: If they don't know it will be a bit difficult to crack
Yes, this is right...:)) On what world?

P.S.
You are all over.Stop you make me dizzy.
elore

Post by elore »

scorillo7 wrote:Under Protection Features ->File Analyzer Deception and select from the list Hide protection code with,but a good exe scanner will detect Enigma.
I just mean if Enigma creates such registry keys in system registry it will be very easy to detect the protector.

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enigma Protector\F177dxxxxxxxxxxx-b1f2xxxxxxxxxxxx
scorillo7 wrote: You are all over.Stop you make me dizzy.
Sorry, I've just started... It's not over yet. ;)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

elore wrote:Sorry, I've just started... It's not over yet.
Please continue, scorillo7 just jokes :)
elore wrote:And another issue that I don't want hacker to know which protector I'm using. If they don't know it will be a bit difficult to crack. But having that keys in registry - it will be very easy to see which protector was used.
If it is only single thing you are worry, then you may be quite, if cracker can't even determinate what protection is using (even if Enigma will not write keys to registry), then 100% he will be not be able to crack it or unpack.

Enigma protection is very strong, if you implemented some feature like RegCrypt markers then it just impossible to crack without valid registration key, or if you use Encrypt with Hardware ID feature - also, protected file will be impossible to crack without running on a PC with valid hardware id.

Using Virtual Machine and VM Markers also provides very high protection level, it will stop even very advanced crackers, or at least it will take too much time to decrypt the Virtual Machine.

Even without all of these options Enigma is very difficult to unpack/crack.
elore

Post by elore »

Thanks, I hope the protection is very strong. That's why I've bought it. :)

But my main worry is this:

http://portableapps.com/about/what_is_a_portable_app

Portable App Guidelines

A portable app works from any device (USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod, etc)
A portable app works as you move computers and your drive letter changes
A portable app's features continue working as you move computers
A portable app doesn't leave files or folders behind on the PC
A portable app doesn't leave registry entries behind except those automatically generated by Windows
A portable app is optimized for use on removable drives
A portable app doesn't require additional software on the PC
A portable app doesn't interfere with software installed on the PC
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Just as a compromise, I can eliminate all sources that writes something to the registry, and compile a special release for you. Enigma will lost many features, but it will not write anything. But it is not a good idea, and I will not compile such version each time new version appears.

I think that there is nothing critical if Enigma writes couple keys to the registry.
elore

Post by elore »

What if you can add an option to Protection Features?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I will try, but can't advice when it will be done.
elore

Post by elore »

Thanks! That would be great!