Problems with protecting a 64-bit Photoshop plug-in DLL

x64 version issues
Rogier

Problems with protecting a 64-bit Photoshop plug-in DLL

Post by Rogier »

I'm trying to use Enigma x64 to protect a 64-bit Photoshop plug-in I'm developing. However it doesn't seem to work, even if I protect the DLL with *ALL* protection options disabled (no registration, no check-ups, no virtual box, no markers in code) still the following happens:

- When I start Photoshop CS5 64-bit, it scans for plug-ins, when opening my plug-in the Enigma splash screen shows up, after the countdown I click to close the splash screen, then Photoshop crashes.

- When I use the original (unprotected) DLL, everything works fine. I also tried putting the unprotected DLL in Photoshop's dir first, then start it, and once I'm in Photoshop, I replace the plug-in DLL with the protected one (this is possible, apparently Photoshop doesn't keep all plug-in DLLs open all the time). Then I call the plug-in: now the Enigma splash screens appears but it freezes immediately, it doesn't even count down (stuck at '5'). :(

As far as I know I'm not doing any freaky things in my DLL. Any idea? I don't know if you have access to a Photoshop CS5 64-bit version, would it help if I email you the unprotected DLL?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Problems with protecting a 64-bit Photoshop plug-in DLL

Post by Enigma »

Yes, surely, send me this dll, I will check it out! There is no difference in Photoship, I will write own program that will call this dll and will check out the protected dll workability.

Please sorry for the bug, this is because we do not sell x64 as a particular product yet. Bugs sometimes appears.

If you test x64 version, and it works, then everything is well and you may use it, if any problem appear - then write me back!

PS: need to migrate this topic to x64...
Rogier

Post by Rogier »

Thanks, I will email you the dll.

Oh and sure, I understand there are bugs in a new product. I appreciate your fast help and your efforts to resolve any issues there might be - most topics on this forum are clear examples of how well you support your software :) Makes me feel very secure about Enigma!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Have got your file Rogier, thanks again!

Yeah, that's me should apologies you due to the bugs...
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Finally we have solved this problem!

I have sent you an email with the link to the new version!