Feature requests

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
aloric

Feature requests

Post by aloric »

Thank you for making such a great protection tool. I'm wondering if you can implement the following features?

1. Timed out message box for check ups. e.g If the protector detects a debugger, a messagebox pops up and the program will be terminated after xxx seconds if users don't click OK
2. File attachments: custom directory for extracting
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Feature requests

Post by Enigma »

Hi aloric,
1. Timed out message box for check ups. e.g If the protector detects a debugger, a messagebox pops up and the program will be terminated after xxx seconds if users don't click OK
No problems, it will be done! Just for one idea more, I will make some feature that will disable "OK" button in the message dialog for few seconds.
2. File attachments: custom directory for extracting
This feature already done, you may enter "any" Relative Path in the files attachment list! Is this that you require?
aloric

Post by aloric »

relative path doesn't work. I added a file called abc.exe, set relative path to c:\abc.exe, run the protected exe but didn't see the file abc.exe created in C:\

I got a few more suggestions

1. - File attachment: add some preset paths for file extraction like %WindowsDir%, %SystemDir%, %System32Dir%, %UsersDir% etc.
- command switches: for example: I have 2 attached files, a.exe and b.exe. Instead of extracting both of them at start, I run "protected_file.exe /extract a.exe" to extract only file a.exe

2. A timed out custom message at start up like "You're using a trial version, please wait xxx second then click Continue"
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

relative path doesn't work. I added a file called abc.exe, set relative path to c:\abc.exe, run the protected exe but didn't see the file abc.exe created in C:\
Of course, this does not work! Relative Path field uses for relative path, not an absolute (like c:\ ), but I have good news for you, read below.
1. - File attachment: add some preset paths for file extraction like %WindowsDir%, %SystemDir%, %System32Dir%, %UsersDir% etc.
This is done! Re-download Enigma 1.64 by the same link and install it. Now, you may enter the following paths in "Relative Path" field:
%DEFAULT FOLDER% - this is just default folder, you may even do not enter anything and Enigma will think that it is default
%SYSTEM FOLDER% - windows\system32 folder
%WINDOWS FOLDER% - windows folder
%Program Files FOLDER% - Program Files folder
%Program Files\Common FOLDER% - Program Files\Common folder
%AllUsers\Documents FOLDER% - AllUsers\Documents folder
%My Pictures FOLDER% - My Documents\My Pictures folder
%History FOLDER% - History folder
%Cookies FOLDER% - IE Cookies folder
%InternetCache FOLDER% - IE InternetCache folder
So, if you want to extract files into c:\Windows\MyFolder folder, you should enter in Enigma "Relative Path" - %WINDOWS FOLDER%\MyFolder
if you want just windows folder, then enter %WINDOWS FOLDER%
- command switches: for example: I have 2 attached files, a.exe and b.exe. Instead of extracting both of them at start, I run "protected_file.exe /extract a.exe" to extract only file a.exe
You mean that Enigma should extract necessary file by command arguments? M... not sure that it is helpful. Need to think how to made it... but for now I can't promise anything...
2. A timed out custom message at start up like "You're using a trial version, please wait xxx second then click Continue"
For this, you may use Trial Control - Reminder feature. Also, in this version I've implemented features that you required, just open any Mesage Designer in new Enigma and press "Advanced >>>" button.
There are added 2 options:
- Automatically close message after seconds, enter the number of seconds after that dialog will be closed automatically
- Disable OK button for seconds, enter there number of seconds while that user will not be able to close this message.

Test it out and write me back if everthing is ok!
aloric

Post by aloric »

Thank you. Everything seems working now.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Ok, great, write me back if you need any other features!
aloric

Post by aloric »

File attachment: how about an option to extract a file then execute it? it's great idea to run some *.bat files at start
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

File attachment: how about an option to extract a file then execute it? it's great idea to run some *.bat files at start
No, I disagree with you. As I understand correctly, you need this feature to for registering ActiveX, right? Let's I make in next release possibility to embed ActiveX in Enigma and Enigma will automatically register it at startup? Seems it is better idea.