Symbolic link of "input file" to "%DEFAULT FOLDER%"

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
mihafree

Symbolic link of "input file" to "%DEFAULT FOLDER%"

Post by mihafree »

Would it be possible to have some sort of symbolic link of "input file" to "%DEFAULT FOLDER%"?

I am trying to pack node-webkit application with native module. For this to work, boxed application also needs to be named nw.exe - which I would like to avoid.

https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webki ... imitations
On Windows, the executable file nw.exe cannot be renamed, or the native module cannot be loaded since it will try to find nw.exe. See https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit/issues/199
Situation is:
  • It works if unboxed application is nw.exe
    It works if boxed application is nw.exe
    It works if I add nw.exe to %DEFAULT_FOLDER% (not same file, and it is 40 MB each)
    It works if input file is small exe, only starting nw.exe as new process and waiting for it, and I add nw.exe to %DEFAULT_FOLDER%
Would it be possible to have some sort of symbolic link to input file (nw.exe) in %DEFAULT_FOLDER% and be accessible by original name (nw.exe) ?
popcade

Re: Symbolic link of "input file" to "%DEFAULT FOLDER%"

Post by popcade »

I have similar issue and I recompiled many 3rd party dlls to make them work, I don't know if patch the modules without recompile will work.

But a small stub exe isn't a reliable way as when EnigmaVB launch the exe inside the box, it have to create a random stub exe, which can be stopped by AntiVirus as possible heuristic threat.

EnigmaVB is not meant for protection, files inside box can be extracted, if you want some level of protection, go buy their protector, otherwise I can't see why it can't be named NW.exe(sorry, no offense, just my thought).
mihafree

Re: Symbolic link of "input file" to "%DEFAULT FOLDER%"

Post by mihafree »

popcade wrote:But a small stub exe isn't a reliable way as when EnigmaVB launch the exe inside the box, it have to create a random stub exe, which can be stopped by AntiVirus as possible heuristic threat.
I've seen that already, Microsoft Security Essentials asked me if I would like to submit the boxed exe for further analysis, even without tricks in this post.
popcade wrote:EnigmaVB is not meant for protection, files inside box can be extracted, if you want some level of protection, go buy their protector, otherwise I can't see why it can't be named NW.exe(sorry, no offense, just my thought).
No offense, I welcome your opinion. But I still like my app name instead of nw.exe
While we are at it, does Protector support something like this? If it does, how to find it in docs?