VM Macro Lag

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
rec0de

VM Macro Lag

Post by rec0de »

When i use a loop vm_macros lag as hell when the code execute.

execute itself

update??
Alec

Re: VM Macro Lag

Post by Alec »

Hi.

Virtual Machine slows a code because it's being converted to the special instructions set and executed on an Enigma virtual processor, you must apply Virtual Machine only to the parts of your code that could be used to patch/crack your software, i.e. to a vital code parts that cracker shoulnd't see.
rec0de

Post by rec0de »

Themida got MUTATE_START and MUTATE_END it works well with loops, enigma doesn't have nothing similar?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

You may use virtualization markers vm_begin/vm_end for the time critical parts of code. These markers are working much faster, however, provodes a lower security level.

Markers vm_risc_begin/vm_risc_end should be used for non time critical parts and they provide a maximum security level.
rec0de

Post by rec0de »

ok ok but vm_begin vm_end still lagging at loops

the problem occurs with a loop, i need use vm_begin in this loops, how solve this?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Looks like your loop is very time consuming, if even vm_marker does not provide enough speed for this part of the code, then it would be better just avoid to protect this loop. No any other ways to do that.
SeniorEx

Post by SeniorEx »

Enigma wrote:Looks like your loop is very time consuming, if even vm_marker does not provide enough speed for this part of the code, then it would be better just avoid to protect this loop. No any other ways to do that.
Yes exactly , i tried one day to protect a CRC32 function with VM markers :roll: , took an enternity to finish as the loop is too long i ended-up removing the markers there. :lol: