HWID Based Protection - New Keys

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
RobertK

HWID Based Protection - New Keys

Post by RobertK »

Hello.

I followed the tutorial on HWID protecting and it was great. A lot of time has passed and all is working well.

My software had "lifetime" license so every key generated of HWID is always valid. Now I completed a total overhaul of the application and added more features and I want to change that previously generated keys are not valid anymore.

Customers will get new ones for free, but different ones. Previous keys should not work anymore because there are also some licenses that need to be removed (mark stolen?) since they were free, etc... Want a clean start.

What is the "easiest" way to achieve this? To "kill" all keys that work ATM and only new keys after another "Protect" will be valid.
As said, I followed the HWID Protection tutorial so basically my project settings are same as in Tutorial.

Regards and thanks in advance!
perfectcode

Re: HWID Based Protection - New Keys

Post by perfectcode »

Last edited by perfectcode on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobertK

Post by RobertK »

I know that previous keys cannot be removed but I want them to be invalid if they are tried to be used to register the application even if HWID is still the same.

As said, new keys will be sent via Enigma mailer to customers to register easily using old HWID but new key.

I just want to make all previous keys invalid and make new keys with same HWID.

Did you maybe suggest I mark all the keys as "stolen" so they don't work in next build? I rather not do that. If there is some simple change I can make it would be perfect.
I know a few ways to kill all keys which tutorial mentioned:
- change key RSA size in Common
- change output Base in Common

But if there is something simpler it would be great.
perfectcode

Post by perfectcode »

Last edited by perfectcode on Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobertK

Post by RobertK »

No problem, thanks for your help.

I did a test now by marking my laptop as "Stolen" and sure enough, new key was needed. Old was dead.

However, if I mark all keys as "Stolen" and then PROTECT, can I remove those old stolen-marked keys from the Customer Database? Since it will clog the mailer and organization in general because there are a lot of them.