64bit executable throws error

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Jan P.

64bit executable throws error

Post by Jan P. »

Hi,

first I want to thank you for this excellent tool that you provide and maintain for free. :)

Unfortunately, I ran into a problem that I can't find a solution for.

I have a Node-Webkit set up with a custom module ("greenworks"). All works fine if I run either the 32bit or 64bit application.

But as soon as I virtualize the applications using Enigma Virtual Box, only the 32bit version will work. The other throws an error that might be related to a bug.

Here is a Download link with the isolated problem on some dummy contents: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhwtgypxnbrwh ... g.zip?dl=0

First, take a look at the 32bit and 64bit folders. If you run the "nw.exe" in any folder, the application should start (it's a chromium based browser app) and render the content of the "index.html" file.

Then, create a "nw_boxed.exe" with the 32bit version. It should start with no errors and behave just like the unpacked exe.

But if you repeat this with the 64bit version, the application won't run. The "greenworks" module could not load properly (it resides in the "lib"-folder.

Do you have any clues on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :)

PS: I'm using Enigma Virtual Box 7.20 on a Windows 7 Enterprise machine (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: 64bit executable throws error

Post by Enigma »

Hi, thank you!

We tested your files and I believe there is no problem with Enigma Virtual Box at all.

All our tests succeeded and both application win32 and win64 run well.

I think the problem, in your case, relates to the NodeWebkit itself. The resulting file name of the packed executable should match the name of non protected exe. So it should be nw.exe. If you rename it, the program won't work.

Make sure the name of packed exe is same as the name of input, non packed exe.
Jan P.

Post by Jan P. »

Thank you for your quick resonse. Unfortunately, the application won't run, even if I rename the "nw_boxed.exe" to "nw.exe".

Could you please send me the *.evb file of your working 64bit application, so I can check the xml and compare your settings with mine? Maybe I have something wrong with that. You can send it to the email address I used in this bulletin board.

Kind regards!
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Jan,

So I created a separate folder, put this evb file there. In this folder I also added a subfolder win64, with all your files for 64 bit version there. Then just open this file in EVB and pack. As a result, you will have nw.exe file in the root folder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.