Protected Strings Delphi Implementation

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
User

Protected Strings Delphi Implementation

Post by User »

Hi All,

I'd like to know to implement the Protected Strings feature [Enigma API function] to hide all URLs strings.

Thanks for your time..!

Cheers,
User
Last edited by User on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Protected Strings Delphi Implementation

Post by Enigma »

Hi, did you take a look at the example of how to use Protected Strings at the folder "Examples\ProtectedStrings\Delphi\"?

I think it is pretty much clear.

Let me know if you will have other questions.
User

Post by User »

Enigma wrote:Hi, did you take a look at the example of how to use Protected Strings at the folder "Examples\ProtectedStrings\Delphi\"?

I think it is pretty much clear.

Let me know if you will have other questions.
Hi,

I added a string: "This serial number is invalid!" through "Protection Features - Protected Strings" page. This string is inside a software i'm using, you can download it from here. Then i protected the software using Enigma 4.30.

But, a software called Cheat Engine 6.4 still to be able to unhide that string.

So sir, how to fully hide the string from software reverse engineering ?. Thanks for your time..!

Cheers,
User
Last edited by User on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

Post by User »

Howdy,

It's worked, i use EP_ProtectedStringAsAnsiStringByKey in my code.

Cheers,
User
Last edited by User on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
icarusdc

Post by icarusdc »

Hi, User.

First case: Cheat Engine.

As far as I know, Cheat Engine is a memory editing tool. Your "protected string" never read by Cheat Engine because It will never be in memory as long as you don't call it.

For example, the protected string will show after click button. But you never click it and the protected string will be never located in memory so Cheat Engine won't be able to read it (and even can't modify it). The protected string never exist.

But... Once you click the button, the EP_ProtectedStringAsAnsiStringByKey function will be called by Enigma and execute the funtion. So the protected string will stored at memory and here Cheat Engine do the job, reading the memory. Your protected string wil be able to search by using Cheat Engine.

Is my explanation true? Please do a test.

Second case: SmartSniff and AES

Have you done decrypting process after encrypt it? I think you only encrypt your string but never decrypt it. So what SmartSniff did was only reading your encrypted string. SmartSniff is not a encryption decryptor. So it is not able to read the decrypted string from what string you send is.