%Local, ApplicationData FOLDER% not working

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
doganmurat

%Local, ApplicationData FOLDER% not working

Post by doganmurat »

Hi,

I have an electron app. I am trying to pack with Enigma Virtual Box.
I am using %Local, ApplicationData FOLDER% as base folder. When my app tries to read file from %Local, ApplicationData FOLDER% (which is I guess is C:\Users\nokta\AppData\Local) it searches real file and returns with not found.
My app using SHGetKnownFolderPath function with param FOLDERID_LocalAppData.

Any idea?

A little info about my app structure;
My app is an electron app with builtin auto update enabled. I have another c++ app which is deciding latest version and tries to start from virtual folder.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: %Local, ApplicationData FOLDER% not working

Post by Enigma »

%Local, ApplicationData FOLDER% really points to some another folder. It is "c:\users\USERNAME\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\"

This folder is returned by Windows for a folder CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA
doganmurat

Post by doganmurat »

Hi,

Could you please double check it ? Because according to docs it points to c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... s.85).aspx

CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA
FOLDERID_LocalAppData
Version 5.0. The file system directory that serves as a data repository for local (nonroaming) applications. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data.

Thanks in advance.
456vv

Post by 456vv »

CSIDL_INTERNET_CACHE
FOLDERID_InternetCache
Version 4.72. The file system directory that serves as a common repository for temporary Internet files. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files.
CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA
FOLDERID_LocalAppData
Version 5.0. The file system directory that serves as a data repository for local (nonroaming) applications. A typical path is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data.

Should be the wrong row, copy wrong?