Mixed Assemblies? .NET and Native?

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Renegade

Mixed Assemblies? .NET and Native?

Post by Renegade »

Will Virtual Box do .NET and native assemblies together?

I've tried, and it didn't work. Am I missing something? Or is it supposed to be either .NET or native, but not both?

Thanks.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Mixed Assemblies? .NET and Native?

Post by Enigma »

Hi Renegade,

Are you meaning the call of native assembly from a .net or vice versa?

Usually if the files are working well before boxing then they have to work good after boxing too.

If files are not working, send us them at vbox@enigmaprotector.com and we will check them out.
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Thanks. I've emailed the complete XCOPY deployments to you. One is .NET 2, and the other is .NET 4. The results were the same for both.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I think the problem is due to Registry Virtualization, new added feature.

Try to disable Registry - Registry Options - Enable Registry Virtualization.

I will check your files more carefully later and update this thread.
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Thanks.

I checked, and the registry virtualization was checked. (The .NET 4 files -- This one is significantly simpler than the .NET 2 test.)

I unchecked it, and it now runs.

Unchecking for the .NET 2 files didn't work though. It still gets the "stopped working" error message.

I don't know if it's related to the version or not. Hopefully the files there will let you figure out what's going on.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Ok, we have re-checked it deeper, there are results:
1. Firstly, you should not use Registry Virtualization, because you store trial counter there, and trial never expires if use Registry. Moreover, there is small bug in the registry virtualization of the current version.
2. You should not virtualize the file "GDTTips.xml", because your application is writing data to this file, but writing is not allowed to the virtual files. This plan to be make later.
3. You should not also virtualize the file "GDT4.exe.config", because the system uses this file before Enigma Virtual Box hooks the process.

We will also recheck #2 and #3 and will try to solve it as soon as possible.
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Thanks for the update.

Just so you know, for #1, I turned the registry virtualization off. For #2, I didn't put the XML file in there as I knew that it would be better on disk (conservative approach). For #3, as #2, I didn't put that in the virtual box, again, siding to be conservative. I only put the DLLs in. I checked it again making sure that I followed that, but it has the same result.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Can you please also tell me what Windows version are you using?
Renegade

Post by Renegade »

Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Should I try it in a different version? I have a few VMs setup.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

No no, wait until tomorrow. Today we will try to test your files under few VMs to and let you know.

Most strange is that you included only dll files, that should be working very well.

Also, since you are testing under Windows x64. The system may run your .net file in a both way, as a x86 or x64 executable. If your .net file is compiled with Visual Studio with "Any CPU" the system may run it as a x64 executable, but EVB processed it as a x86. If you use "Any CPU", try to set it to x86 or x64 and then pack with EVB and compare results.