[Suggestion] False Headers

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
RobertK

[Suggestion] False Headers

Post by RobertK »

Enigma has few standard false headers for PE detection.

It would be a great feature to add as much as possible of other headers from other protectors.
I know most of the detectors will see through it, but with Enigma's genius coding I know there is a way around it.

Maybe for starters just add tons of headers and then try to make them viable.

I think this is not unreasonable request because it does not require a lot of hard work and it would be another great anti measure.

I have newest builds of detection tools (ProtID mainly) so testing would be easy.

BR
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] False Headers

Post by Enigma »

Hi Robert, we have already discussed regarding this feature on the forum.

Fake Headers is really not a good idea yet (until Enigma Protector v3 will be released). Making changes to the header will cause lot of problems with antiviruses. If antiviruses will find "new headers" (not ones that Enigma usually uses) they just generate false positive detection.

So, having on the scales advantage of undetection by file analyses tools and false detection from antiviruses, the last one have bigger weight!

Such fake signatures allows to only hide protection from a very simple analysing tools, I just repeat, if cracker can't determinate the protection from a first look then this cracker never break Enigma.
amin

Post by amin »

Enigma wrote:if cracker can't determinate the protection from a first look then this cracker never break Enigma
100% agree with Enigma. :idea:
If a cracker can't determinate the protection,he/she is not a cracker and cannot recognize difference between A,B! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RobertK

Post by RobertK »

I am aware of that.

But since I think it would be easy to implement it, Enigma should.

Imagine some dude trying to steal a software... And he goes to PEiD or ProtID and sees ASPack. He will be happy because he can steal code and design.

But then poor dude doesn't realize that instead of ASPack, Enigma is working ;)
scorillo7

Post by scorillo7 »

RobertK wrote:I am aware of that.

But since I think it would be easy to implement it, Enigma should.

Imagine some dude trying to steal a software... And he goes to PEiD or ProtID and sees ASPack. He will be happy because he can steal code and design.

But then poor dude doesn't realize that instead of ASPack, Enigma is working ;)
RobertK what is the purpose for this ? You are afraid than a cracker will steal you're code?
Enigma is a very serious exe protector it is beyond industry standard,take a look at another protector they will be no match or at least =.
It has it all VM,encryption,many many feature.There is no (at least i do not know ) to be on internet a unpacker for Enigma from version 1.55
So remember with Enigma are in good hands (until now) and so if is one(unpacker) on the market you will see how rapid Enigma staff will change and counteratack that tool.
If a serious cracker and we talk about the elite in cracking will break the code they are capable to reverse it until you will see the programming code.
But until you have a serious and very famous application stay relaxed, anything else are just worry.
Work on functionality of the application and if you want to stay more secure than ever buy Enigma Online Solution this will give almost full control of any software copy you sold.
With respect,
Scorillo7