Sharing project between two exe 32bit and 64bit

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
overenigma

Sharing project between two exe 32bit and 64bit

Post by overenigma »

Hi, I'm using the demo trial, my app has two C++ (32bit and 64bit) .exe, can I share the project betwen the 32bit/64bit protector fine to protect both using same hardware lock?
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Sharing project between two exe 32bit and 64bit

Post by Enigma »

Hi, yes, of course, this is possible.

You could create a project file in Enigma x86 or x64, then copy the file with another extension. I.e. you've created test.enigma and then just copy it with the name test.enigma64 for x64 version.

There is only one feature which is not fully compatible between these versions, this is Registration Features - Registration Dialog. If you plan to use this feature, please let me know, I will explain how to fix it.
overenigma

Post by overenigma »

I plan to use a separate dotnet .exe for registration (like your hardware id sample), and 2 two exe (32/64 bit) will fail silently if not hardware registered so this is considered no registration shared?
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

This is shared registration, since you will use same license keys for 32/64 bit versions (Am I correct that you plan to use same keys between versions?).

You do not use Registration Features - Registration Dialog, thus no incompatibility problem exists for you.
No issues at all.
Just rename the protection project file as I advised and use these files for protection.

Btw, when you get licensed version of Enigma, create a new project first, because licensing scheme in DEMO version is very limited.
overenigma

Post by overenigma »

yes, I plan to share the keys.

If it is not troublesome, can I ask you to share how to solve if I want to register from the 2 exes? I don't need it now but I might in future.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

overenigma wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:10 pm If it is not troublesome, can I ask you to share how to solve if I want to register from the 2 exes? I don't need it now but I might in future.
To make this more clear:
1. When you create a new protection project, Enigma creates unique constants for registration (that are stored inside project file), so nobody else, except you, can generate license keys for files protected with this project. When you create another protection project, it also becomes unique and keys from 1st project won't work with 2nd project and vice versa. However, if you copy project file and use it for 2nd exe file, two files will use same license keys.
2. If you wish two exe to accept same license keys, make sure that all settings on Registration Features - Common are the same (as I wrote, the best way to do that - just copy the project file).
3. Take a look at Registration Features - Registration Data Storage, these settings should also be same for files.

How the registration is being performed:
- 1st exe runs, check if license key exists, if no, ask user to enter the key. If entered key is correct, protection saves it to selected location
- 2nd exe runs, check if license key exists. Since we used same/copied project file for 2 exe files, it will search license key in the place where it was saved by 1st exe. So it finds a valid key and does not ask user to enter it.

Hope it makes the registration process clear?
overenigma

Post by overenigma »

yes, this is clear, thank you. I think this is the cause of one of my other problem.