Protection size

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
Majid

Protection size

Post by Majid »

Hi Enigma

I have an app which its size is 50KB, after protection it will be about 700KB, And about 600KB is added. I have disable all options I can in EP, and 600KB is the minimum size. But it is too big as long as my app size is less than 100KB. If my app's size is more than 5MB, then 600 KB is acceptable but it is too big for a 50KB app.

How can I make it smaller? Can you add some other options to remove some other parts of protection in EP to make a smaller protection size?

Just imagine that I want to use only command line option in EP, nothing more, So can you add this ability to use only one part of EP, not other forced parts?

Hope you understand my meaning :D
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Protection size

Post by Enigma »

Hi Majid, sure, I understand the needs, but there is only one option possible, try Miscellaneous - Other - Suppress Graphical Module, it will help to decrease the size, not to much, but there is no other ways...
Majid

Post by Majid »

Thanks, But There is one option which can't be disable ---> "PROTECTION FEATURES - File analyzer deception"
Also I think Enigma Protector can compress the target file more than it is now! I think the power of compression in Enigma can be more powerful.
What do you think?
Majid

Post by Majid »

Enigma wrote:try Miscellaneous - Other - Suppress Graphical Module, it will help to decrease the size, not to much
I have tested it, It will decrease the size about 200KB, Good :)

Another thing, I thing registration section is a part which can not be disabled too, is that right?

If you can add the ability to disable such parts, I think the protection size will be smaller.

Even 1KB is highly important :D
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Majid,
Majid wrote:Thanks, But There is one option which can't be disable ---> "PROTECTION FEATURES - File analyzer deception" Also I think Enigma Protector can compress the target file more than it is now! I think the power of compression in Enigma can be more powerful.What do you think?
Why not? You can select there "None" from the drop down, it is same as "disable".
Majid wrote:Another thing, I thing registration section is a part which can not be disabled too, is that right?
If you can add the ability to disable such parts, I think the protection size will be smaller.
Even 1KB is highly important :D
Yes, this can't be disabled. Believe me Majid, the option "Miscellaneous - Other - Suppress Graphical Module" is alternative of a numerous requests from the users. For now, it is not possible to make the option like you ask :)
Majid

Post by Majid »

Hi Enigma,
Enigma wrote:Yes, this can't be disabled.
Just Think I want to publish a Demo ware which only has a trial time, Then Registration part is not useful at all and the bad point is that I can not disable it. So In My Opinion such parts can be disable. :)
Enigma wrote:For now, it is not possible to make the option like you ask :)

So it means in future it may be done :D
Enigma wrote:the option "Miscellaneous - Other - Suppress Graphical Module" is alternative of a numerous requests from the users.
The chm help file says me: It allows to reduce the site (size, it is a bug!) of the file up to 400 Kbytes in 32bit version.
But in my app it only reduce size about 200KB not 400KB!!!

Another thing, I have found that when I run my protected app it will write some data into a folder. What is it? maybe if those things remove from protected app the size will become smaller too ;)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Majid,
Majid wrote:Just Think I want to publish a Demo ware which only has a trial time, Then Registration part is not useful at all and the bad point is that I can not disable it. So In My Opinion such parts can be disable.
Yeap, not possible Majid...
Majid wrote:So it means in future it may be done
Probably, why no :)
Majid wrote:The chm help file says me: It allows to reduce the site (size, it is a bug!) of the file up to 400 Kbytes in 32bit version.But in my app it only reduce size about 200KB not 400KB!!!
Thanks, we will correct the typo! Regarding the size - yes, for different programs the value also different, so, for your application it is only 200 Kb..
Majid wrote:Another thing, I have found that when I run my protected app it will write some data into a folder. What is it? maybe if those things remove from protected app the size will become smaller too
No Majid, there should not be nothing... Maybe you are storing License information in the same folder? And there is license file appears after registration? Or you are using Trial Control - Trial Data Storing, and there use file in the default folder?