Enigma Virtual Box 3.0 RC2

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi everyone,

We are glad to introduce the new version of Enigma Virtual Box. As you noticed, this version are a major number update due to adding of one important functionality. The new functionality - ability to use External Packages with the packed applications.

What is the External Package - it is a file, that contains a set of virtual files/registry items, that can be copied to boxed application to append (or overwrite) its own virtual package. Such feature can be important in case boxed application is huge enough, but author (developer) needs to make small/quick/fast changes to virtual environment.

Download this version there: http://enigmaprotector.com/assets/files ... 110805.exe

How to use this new functionality:
1. Go to Packaging tab, enable this option there and add a list of files (by name or by mask) that boxed application will try to find and read while execution as an external package
2. Then click to Package Builder button to make an external package.

So, if in the Packaging tab you have entered name for external packages like "mypack*.dat", then the External Package file may be named as "mypack.dat" or "mypack2011.dat" etc, I hope this is clear.

Please test this version and let me know if you find any bugs.

As soon as this version will be tested, new version of Enigma Protector, that includes all the functionality of Enigma Virtual Box will be released.

Also, who is aware, please help with the appending of language files for Enigma Virtual Box, it is very appreciate!
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Enigma Virtual Box 3.0 RC2

Post by Enigma »

http://enigmaprotector.com/assets/files ... 110805.exe

Everybody who reported problems of RC1 - thanks you very much
newuser

Post by newuser »

Omgosh, I missed the first release :o

Oh boy, now downloading the second release. ;)

Eeehh, this is something new to me. :shock: Any example that I can reference to? :?:
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

newuser wrote:Any example that I can reference to?
No, there is no examples, but I will try to explain why External Packaging feature is necessary.

Imagine, you packed few virtual files to one BIG exe file. You sent this BIG exe file to user who successfully uses it. Then imagine, you need to change small file in this BIG exe file. Normally, you will have to remake this BIG file and send it to user again. But with the External Package feature you can make small package (by means Build Package button) and send this small package to user.

So advantage - External Packages allows quickly and easy change anything inside virtual environment of main file. You could add or replace existing virtual files and registry and so on.