Incompatible with WPF programs?

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
perkins

Incompatible with WPF programs?

Post by perkins »

Hi,

I got a problem to pack files written in WPF and .net. It was packed OK, but fail to run the packed executable.
I attach the files here. Please help me to find out why. Thanks.

I run both version 2.6 and 3.0 RC2 on windows 7 64 bit OS, but they both made the similar boxed executable.

BR,
Perkins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Incompatible with WPF programs?

Post by Enigma »

Hi perkins,

Your problem is very simple.

The output file name of the packed file should be same as name of original, input file.

Just rename boxed file to "Wpf_XXParser.exe" and it will be working well.

Seems your file is named as "Wpf_XXParser_boxed.exe" and this is because it does not work.
perkins

Post by perkins »

Hi Enigma,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

May I understand why should the file name get renamed?
I've tested it with other virtualization software (XXX and XXX) with the same files, and they could run well without need to rename the packed executable.

Anyway, I got to say, Enigma virtual box help me a lot. Thanks a lot for your effort.

Perkins
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi perkins,
perkins wrote: May I understand why should the file name get renamed?
I've tested it with other virtualization software (XXX and XXX) with the same files, and they could run well without need to rename the packed executable.
I think it is due to configuration file Wpf_XXParser.exe.config and manifest file Wpf_XXParser.exe.manifest. These two files contain a settings for execution of main file, and they contain name of the original exe file.

If you just try to rename your original, not boxed file, and try to run it, it will also crash!
perkins wrote: Anyway, I got to say, Enigma virtual box help me a lot. Thanks a lot for your effort.
Ok, you are welcome!