Help me virtualize An App

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
letmeindude

Help me virtualize An App

Post by letmeindude »

I bet everyone here are familiar with deleted by admin, nice little helper when creating portable apps.
Maybe it's too complex for Enigma Virtual Box, but if anyone succeed please share your project file with me.

Thanks
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Help me virtualize An App

Post by Enigma »

Hi letmeindude, this program contains many exe files, virtualization of which may not always possible.

If you finally want to make it portable, you have to use the option "Always write to disk" or "Write if does not exist" for all exe files. Other files (non exe) may be used with the option "Never write to disk".

Also, enable the Option - Share Virtual system with other processes.
Majid

Post by Majid »

Hi letmeindude

Just go to application root directory and compress all files into one zip file, then carry that zip file where ever you go and use the main exe when ever you want :D
OR Do the things which is explained in previous reply ;)
letmeindude

Post by letmeindude »

Enigma wrote:If you finally want to make it portable, you have to use the option "Always write to disk" or "Write if does not exist" for all exe files. Other files (non exe) may be used with the option "Never write to disk".
Good tip I will need it in the future. Unfortunately, it didn't work with this app (AutoIt error = Unable to open the script file).
Maybe you will find this enteresting:
- no compression: I get that error when starting the app
- with compression: no error, app starts normally (but doesn't work)
Majid wrote:Just go to application root directory and compress all files into one zip file, then carry that zip file where ever you go and use the main exe when ever you want :D
Or even better I can make self extracting archive (SFX) ;)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

letmeindude wrote:AutoIt error = Unable to open the script file
Hum, agree.... let us to take a look deeper to this issue...
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

We have found a problem, why there was such error. It appears because source exe contains overlay data, and after change of file, exe can't find overlay data (due to change of overlay offset). This file really is not compatible with the any of packing/protecting/virtualization systems.

But I have found a way you can virtualize it. In Enigma Virtual Box, in the %default folder% place the input exe file UniExtract.exe
Note, change the input file name to, for example, UniExtract1.exe, to avoid another error.

After packing, the name of output file should also be UniExtract.exe, rename it from UniExtract_packed.exe. This way boxed application will work correctly.

Also, use the File Option - Delete Extracted Files on Exit.
letmeindude

Post by letmeindude »

Another great tip, thank you it works now. I had to uncheck "Share Virtual system with other processes", to make it completely work.
Also, use the File Option - Delete Extracted Files on Exit.
Maybe a bug, because this option doesn't work for me at all. I've tried it with other apps, too.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi letmeindude,
letmeindude wrote:Maybe a bug, because this option doesn't work for me at all. I've tried it with other apps, too.
You are correct, this feature did not work... just release Enigma Virtual Box 3.10, now everything should be well, please download this new version.