ALERT with AntiVir (TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen)

Post by BeNzAnaZ »

i'm going to pack my game
but have alert with antivirus

please check report
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1323108354
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: ALERT with AntiVir (TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen)

Post by Enigma »

Please follow this post and sumbit your packed example file to Antivir, and ask to fix this false detection.
http://www.softwareprotection.info/2011 ... -to-solve/
BeNzAnaZ

Post by BeNzAnaZ »

ok, i'm working on it

but can i ask your something?
on my test so many application packed by enigma has detect on (TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen)
i'm try to use another packer (...) Yes! it not detect on (TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen) VIrus, But my application do not work by full-perfectly like Enigma

this is problem on packing program or antivirus issue?

thanks
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

This is surely antivirus problem. They could not unpack the packed file and detect just something inside.
By submitting the sample to antivirus will solve the problem, and also, if you send more and more examples to them, then more rare false detections will appear.

Also, as far as you know, Enigma Protector contains same Virtual Box feature. Licensed version of Enigma Protector adds a license signature to each protected file. Many antiviruses use this licensed signature and do not detect nothing in protected files.

You may also sign packed files with digital certificates like Comodo and VeriSign, this should help to solve many false detections too.
BeNzAnaZ

Post by BeNzAnaZ »

the enigma protector can be use like enigma virtual box?
and don't detect by virus database?

OH Nice!
if you confirm me ... i'm going to buy new one

so intest,
thank
Majid

Post by Majid »

Hi BeNzAnaZ
BeNzAnaZ wrote:the enigma protector can be use like enigma virtual box?
Yes, Of Course. But I think it can not support multiple exe files in your virtual box. But Really using Enigma Protector is much better. Because you can add so many things to your protected application. You can add some protection related things such as hardware-id lock, trial lock and so on, also none protection things such as splash screen etc.

Please Test The Demo Version of Enigma Protector for more Information :D
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

BeNzAnaZ wrote:the enigma protector can be use like enigma virtual box?
Yes, Enigma Protector has a lot of functionality + same Virtual Box feature as our freeware Enigma Virtual Box. Moreover, Enigma Protector encrypts all virtual files, and it serves protection for virtual content.
BeNzAnaZ wrote:and don't detect by virus database?
Licensed version of Enigma Protector really should not be detected as virus, at least, we can always contact to antivirus companies and fix the detection. Otherwise, we can't contact to antiviruses if the file protected with freeware Enigma Virtual Box, just because we can't sure the packed file is really clean.

And as Majid said, Enigma Protector does not support execution of virtual exe files, but Enigma Virtual Box does it.
BeNzAnaZ

Post by BeNzAnaZ »

OH Thanks for details, so good~