It's very easy to bypass trial protection

Post here any topics that related to Enigma Protector, its functionality, your misunderstanding, offers to improvements etc etc etc
aloric

It's very easy to bypass trial protection

Post by aloric »

All you need is just a registry/file monitor tool to spy on the protected app (to get where it writes to in registry), run regedit, delete the entries to reset the trial period
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: It's very easy to bypass trial protection

Post by Enigma »

Be very careful, by deleting registry entries you may delete necessary for Enigma keys and protected application just will not work!
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

2aloric: You are absolutely right. It should be stressed here that to rely solely on some writing to registry/file structure for trial is not a good idea. People nowadays even use sandboxing/virtualisation programs like Sandboxie, Returnil, DefenseWall etc. to bypass trial time limitations and those lazier of them use Trial resetters. Therefore you should rather distribute trial as a somewhat crippled time-limited version of your program. Not everybody provides web-based service with necessary updates which is better managable in terms of providing trial to end-user.
Enigma has some basic list of Anti-Sandboxing/virtualisation programs included any you should turn this feature on. Also, using Enigma instant protection alone is not good. You should create your own "traps" in software. Also, checking system date while executing program might be a good approach.
It could be good if the number of programs checked by Enigma would be increased (Returnil, DefenseWall, etc. like RDG Tejon Crypter has) and checking of Registry/file monitors would be included directly. I am curious which functions will be implemented into new v1.70. Thus hurry up and act now until the price will be increased :)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

As a truth, Enigma 1.70 is already released, it has all the recent changes and it has really very good protection. I planed to released this version already half year, finally it is made! I'm sure, all Enigma crackers will be amazed with the latest protection core update.

Daniel, you are right as always, nowadays protection require own brains, not only protection. But if you implement more Enigma features - it is very good protection!

In the nearest future I have a lot of plans, a lot of additional functionality will be added. Moreover, as a secret, will be added few more products!

Daniel, you can contact me for 1.70 version! By the way, did you get language file I sent you few days ago?