Protect WinDev apps

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
YogiYang

Protect WinDev apps

Post by YogiYang »

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to protect software developed in WinDev using latest version of Enigma?

I checked in older version of Enigma but when we protect any WinDev's created app the app crashes after being protected.

TIA

Yogi Yang
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Protect WinDev apps

Post by Enigma »

Hi Yogi Yang,

I did not have experience with WinDev, so can't advise you anything.

Can you please send us non protected exe sample at support@enigmaprotector.com so we will check it out?
YogiYang

Post by YogiYang »

Enigma wrote:Can you please send us non protected exe sample at support@enigmaprotector.com so we will check it out?
I have send an email with un protected exe sample.

Please check it.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, thanks, we have got it. Please wait until we test it.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

We have tested your application, there is a problem that it checks own control sum. If the file somehow changed, application just crashes. So this file can't be packed at all, with any kind of packers.

Anyway, something can be done with Enigma Protector.
If you enable the option Virtual Box - Files and add the Input file to the %DEFAULT FOLDER% and also rename protected file with the same name that Input, then it will be working well protected. But in this case, non protected file will be always kept unprotected in Virtual Box that may be dangerous to extract it.
YogiYang

Post by YogiYang »

Thanks for your inputs but while I was waiting for your reply I also tried out a hardware dongle protection called GrandDog.

Fortunately this protection system seems to handle WinDev executable well.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I tell you more, any software protection system that modifies your file will not work with WinDev applications. Even simple UPX can't pack this exe.

You may try to contact WinDev developers and ask, if it is possible to use any software protection system with their application or no. Seems there is no other way to fix it, except manually bypassing control sum check.