Registry Problem Related To Flash Player ActiveX

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Majid

Registry Problem Related To Flash Player ActiveX

Post by Majid »

Hi

I have packed an exe file which needs Flash10b.ocx for running.
In virtual box files its path is: %SYSTEM FOLDER%\Macromed\Flash\Flash10b.ocx

Now I need to import a registry key which points to Flash10b.ocx directory.
The registry key is like this:

Code: Select all

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}\InprocServer32]
@="C:\\Windows\\system32\\Macromed\\Flash\\Flash10b.ocx"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"
I can make its path in virtual registry part, but for the "C:\\Windows\\system32\\Macromed\\Flash\\Flash10b.ocx", what should I write as the directory? How can I solve this problem? :)
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Registry Problem Related To Flash Player ActiveX

Post by Enigma »

Hi Majid,

The feature you are requiring is added to our todo list. I'm sure it will appear soon.
For example, there will be added ability to use variables in the parameters name, so instead of

"C:\\Windows\\system32\\Macromed\\Flash\\Flash10b.ocx"
you will write

"%SYSTEM FOLDER%\\Macromed\\Flash\\Flash10b.ocx"
For now, you can fix this problem with another way.
Place Flash10b.ocx file in the %DEFAULT FOLDER% of Virtual Box - Files tree. In it's properties select "Register As ActiveX". Then enable virtualization of registry. Flash has also some problem, so make sure you've enabled the option "Map file with temporary file name".

With these settings everything should be working well, I think.
Majid

Post by Majid »

Thanks Enigma, Worked Perfectly, Well Done :) :D
But I only used "Register As ActiveX" option, and I skipped other settings you mentioned, and it is running perfectly. ;)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

OK Majid, that's great!
Majid

Post by Majid »

Another Question Enigma.

In my system flash player is not installed and boxed app which needs flash player ActiveX will play perfectly.
Now imagine a system which has Flash player installed in it. Now I run boxed app in this system, MyApp will check for installed flash player or will check for virtual embedded flash player?

For example think in this system flash player 11is installed, but I embedded flash player 10 to my boxed app. so again, the boxed app will run without checking flash player 11 on the system and depend on embedded flash player, or it will first check the system, then if flash player is not installed it will try to check embedded flash player?

Hope I'm clear :shock: :)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, the question is clear. See, since you are using option Register As ActiveX, then embeded ocx will be always registered at file start. So it will be independent, if the system has alredy installed Flash OCX or no, packed application will be always use the embeded one.
Majid

Post by Majid »

Thanks Enigma, It is really Perfect 8-)
Majid

Post by Majid »

Another Thing Enigma :)

I have tested boxed app on our university computer. There they have installed avira anti-virus on their systems. Unfortunately it detected boxed app as a virus. so is there any problem with Avira? (I know EVB has not any problem) ;)
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Majid, this is problem of Avira, you may report them a protected sample and ask to solve the problem.
There is all necessary information: http://www.softwareprotection.info/2011 ... -to-solve/

I just got a notification, that new taggant system can be launched within a couple months.