Req a commandline wrapper feature

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
newuser

Req a commandline wrapper feature

Post by newuser »

Hi Enigma,
Is it possible to implement a commandline wrapper feature in EVB?

Example, lets say I got 1 exe fileA and 1 data fileB. When I run fileA exe, it would read the data on fileB, but with one condition, fileA need a commandline/parameter before it would run.

If I want to wrap fileA and fileB using EVB into one single exe fileC, fileC wont run due to the simple fact, it dont have a commandline/parameter passed to it. :( I dont want to run fileC with any parameter. I want the parameter itself wrap into fileC.

Is it possible to add this feature in future EVB version? :?:

Thank you.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Req a commandline wrapper feature

Post by Enigma »

Hi newuser,

Yes, we do plan to add this feature in next version. As you have noticed, there is already reserved the interface for this feature (ability to enter Pass Command Line in the file property dialog). But due to complexity of this feature, it had not been yet made.
newuser

Post by newuser »

Hi enigma,
Roughly when will this commandline feature be implemented? :?:

Thanks.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Yes, of course, it will be implemented once we get some time for EVB development.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

This feature is implemented in the version 5.80
newuser

Post by newuser »

Yes, I notice it in the add file Virtual File Edit Dialog, pass commandline(executable files only).

could show me a simple example on how this method works, since I dont really quite understand. :?:

I was hoping the commandline feature implemented would wrap the parameter(commandline) of the main A exe, but the looks of it, it only wrap virtual files(executables files only) commandline(parameter).