got memory leaks

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
DennisHu

got memory leaks

Post by DennisHu »

After using the packed application with loading files from package, I got memory leaks issue.
The package size is about 2GB, the application is 64bit.
After close and reopen the data from package, the memory usage will increase about 1.6 GB.
For example, after first open, the memory commit size for this process is about 4.8 GB,
if the file is closed and reopened, the memory commit size for this process will be about 6.4 GB. ....

Without packing by enigma virtual box, the memory usage for this application will not increase.

Don't know what is wrong with enigma virtual box. I guess it has some limitation.
In that package, it has about 90 files packed.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: got memory leaks

Post by Enigma »

This is not the memory leaks, this is problems of the application itself that are causing such problems when packed.

For example, such thing may happen if handles of opened files are not closed properly.

I recommend to review the application and check it on a leaks of opened file handles.

Also, you may try this new version: http://enigmaprotector.com/assets/files ... 121217.exe
There is improved some core logic, this improvement may minimize problems of packed application.
DennisHu

Post by DennisHu »

I have double checked if any file is not closed after opened.
It seems all opened files have been closed in my application.

After tried the new version, the memory leaks have been fixed.

New core logic is great. Thanks.
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

I just can confirm that there were some problems that might cause huge memory allocations in old versions.
In this version, these problems are solved. Together with the new core logic, that itself, requires much less memory to run (but may run slower!).