Question about markers

x64 version issues
robert256

Question about markers

Post by robert256 »

Hi Enigma,

I have a question about combining markers. In the API it is stated that markers can't be mixed.
Does that mean that for instance markers Decrypt_on_execute and Check_protection can't be combined? Or is there a way around this?

Also, I have a feature request: Execryptor used to have "hidden registry keys", which allowed to set and read registry keys, which weren't visible in Regedit. Would be cool if EP would support that feature too.

Best regards, Robert
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Question about markers

Post by Enigma »

Hi Robert,

For maximum protection we recommend to use VM and VM_RISC markers. Decrypt_on_execute and Check_protection are outdated and will be removed in further versions, fyi.
robert256 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:44 am Also, I have a feature request: Execryptor used to have "hidden registry keys", which allowed to set and read registry keys, which weren't visible in Regedit. Would be cool if EP would support that feature too.
Enigma Protector has a feature - Virtual Box, that allows to hide files and registry items. It is very powerful feature that has the same meaning like the feature you require. But note, Virtual Box supports storing of changed items for files only (Storage feature), for registry, changes keys back to unchanged after application restart.
robert256

Post by robert256 »

Hi Enigma,
Thank you for your quick responses! The hidden registry allowed permanent encrypted keys that could not be easily deleted, as they couldn’t be seen in regedit. I’m still a bit puzzled how I can prevent users from simply deleting the registry keys, exe and program info to reset the trial period (without using online connection).
Best regards, Robert
robert256

Post by robert256 »

Enigma wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:15 am Hi Robert,

For maximum protection we recommend to use VM and VM_RISC markers. Decrypt_on_execute and Check_protection are outdated and will be removed in further versions, fyi.
Hi Enigma,
In the online help here (https://enigmaprotector.com/en/help/man ... 021c#dummy) the C x64 example says to #include "include/enigma_api64.h", but that file is missing from my SDK files. It seems that all examples included are for win32, and no x64 examples are present. Or am I missing something?

Best regards, Robert
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Robert, in recent version we have unified enigma_ide.h file for any C compilation, no matter if it is 32 or 64 bit.

So include enigma_ide.h, and also you may need enigma_ide.lib and enigma_ide64.lib, all are in "EnigmaSDK\VC\" folder.