Is it still safe with some unpacker on the Internet?

Post here messages if you have any problems with working of Enigma Protector
allen

Is it still safe with some unpacker on the Internet?

Post by allen »

I've seen some enigma unpacker on the internet, does it mean that this software not secure any more? My software is written in .Net 8.
I can accept my software from been cracked, because it is a control software for a specific machine, without buying the machine, the software is useless.
But I don't want the source code from been unpacked. Is it easy to do these? I mean those unpacker can do this with just some mouse click?
Do you keep track on these unpackers and update Enigma regularly to fight anainst them?
By the way, comparing to Dnguard HVM, is Enigma more safer? Dnguard is much more expensive.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Is it still safe with some unpacker on the Internet?

Post by Enigma »

Hi, for protection of .net files we recommend to use advices from tutorial: https://www.softwareprotection.info/202 ... protector/
From the above, using 3rd obfuscator is mandatory!
Other protection options are recommended (optional), all of them allow to increase protection level, especially the feature with native library and protection with RISC virtual machine.

If you apply advices from the tutorial, no .net unpacking method will work on such file.
allen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:49 am By the way, comparing to Dnguard HVM, is Enigma more safer? Dnguard is much more expensive.
As for Dnguard HVM, I'm sorry, I can't even comment that since never ever heard about this protection software.
allen

Post by allen »

https://www.dnguard.net/index.php
I thought you know your competitors. It support .net virtualization, but Enigma doesn't
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

allen wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:28 am I thought you know your competitors. It support .net virtualization, but Enigma doesn't
There are quite few competitors to Enigma Protector, which we are aware of, I doubt this software is one of them, or if it is widely used. We are doing a bit different job.

Please note, if you are looking just for obfuscation tool, then you can use free ConfuserEx obfuscator from our tutorial (and save your money), it already does required obfuscation for .net files. This obfuscation can't be reversed back, so good enough too.