Enable Registry Virtualization Problem

Issues related to Enigma Virtual Box
Mike2116

Enable Registry Virtualization Problem

Post by Mike2116 »

Hello - When I check the box Enable Registry Virtualization at the Registry tab, I'm getting an error. I'm using Outlook Redemption.dll but I'm not including the redemption.dll in my package with virtual box. I just have that as a separate dll which is registered on the computer. But, there are a few other dlls that I include in my package so I need to check the box. The problem is I can't instantiate the redemption.dll object when the checkbox is checked and I don't know why or what to do to get it to work.

To elaborate on this the code that is errors out on me but only does so when the registry virtualization is checked is the following line:

loSession = CreateObject("Redemption.RDOSession")

I can create the object just fine when registry virtualization is not checked. The redemption.dll object is not part of the package and is registered in the windows registry.

Support from Redemption mentions that the error is coming from the MAPI system. Redemption is just a passthrough

All advice appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by Mike2116 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enigma
Site Admin

Re: Enable Registry Virtualization Problem

Post by Enigma »

Hi Mike, unfortunately, I can't give you an answer what is happening.

Can you please send us a set of non packed files, that are needed for testing, to reproduce the problem?

At support@enigmaprotector.com
Mike2116

Post by Mike2116 »

I have emailed you the files. Let me know if there is anything else you need. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Mike2116

Post by Mike2116 »

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to resolve this problem
Enigma
Site Admin

Post by Enigma »

Hi Mike, sorry for the delay in reply, but we are working on that.
Mike2116

Post by Mike2116 »

Let me know if there's anything I can provide or any information you need so that it can be resolved asap.

Thanks,
Mike2116

Post by Mike2116 »

Please elaborate on this as I'm not sure if "enable root" refers to the problem I am having and how to enable root.

Thanks,